Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cut my leg...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, I've just Veet'd mylegs, and there was a tiny patch I'd missed, so I ran the razor over, and managed to cut my leg. Typical.

Well, its literally runing down my leg and I can't seem to stop it. I'm off out in a bit, so any suggestions? Besides a plaster, it's a TINY cut and I dont fancy putting a plaster on til it's a last resort, since my legs are on show tonight.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    New Skin.

Or super glue, and though that's got some toxic shit in it for a small cut I wouldn't worry. I've used it plenty of times with no ill effect.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    New Skin.

Haha, how odd, someone asked me for that at work today, and I had no idea what it was. I've never heard of it before, now thats twice in one day!

Unfortunetly we have none, and (luckily) no superglue either. I have attacked it with kitchen towel, but I have a horrible feeling the minute I take it off it'll start bleeding again.
  • Options
    Don't use kitchen roll. The best thing to use instead of plaster is medical tape.
  • Options
    Press as firmly as you can for as long as you can, eventually the bleeding will stop

Sofie why can't you use kitchen roll? I use kitchen roll or loo roll when I cut myself :nervous:
  • Options
    This is what I got told when asking something about first aid and self harm:

Tissue is a big nono! It falls apart and you get bits stuck in the wound which raises chance of infections, and gets the wound dirty.
  • Options
    Agh oops. I never really cut myself badly, I usually make a mess when I'm shaving my legs and its freezing and I get goosepimples and shave the top off them!! Then I usually stick little bits of toilet paper to the holes and wait until the blood hardens and take them off! Voila. Probably not the best plan though :no:
  • Options
    Well, it looks interesting now.... the damp kitchen towel got too full of blood and dropped off. It doesn't seem to be bleeding, just needs a good clean to get rid of the old blood all over the place. Im scared to though haha, don't want to jinx it.
  • Options
    It should be alright now. I get shaving cuts/rash all the time. If you have no wound wash stuff, you can just use cooled boiled water to clean the wound and the area around it.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Well, it looks interesting now.... the damp kitchen towel got too full of blood and dropped off. It doesn't seem to be bleeding, just needs a good clean to get rid of the old blood all over the place. Im scared to though haha, don't want to jinx it.

Darn. I jinxed it. Haha, typical. Ah well, i had blood running down my leg the last time i wore the shoes im wearing tonight, it must be tradition :D