Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Modelling show set to fuel size row

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I believe it.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    I believe it.
    Well so do I, because I think people can be ridiculous like that (and more).
    Sounds like a great idea to boost mtvs ratings..
    icey wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea to boost mtvs ratings..
    My thoughts exactly.

It's already got us lot talking about it.... it's a done deal!
    I remember when MTV showed music videos.
    Infinite wrote: »
    Wow! You must be well old!!
    It's only showing what we already know- that the entire fashion industry is run by misogynists and paedophiles who have a loathing for the adult female form.
    It's sick
    what clothes size is 36 and a half waist?
    Infinite wrote: »

:lol: I said something along the lines as well to my friends.
    "What does the M stand for again? Music? oh right, I remember them showing music clips back in the day."
    kangoo wrote: »

The article states 36.5" hips not waist.
    About a size 6-8 I think. I have 36" hips, and size 6 in next makes me roll over the top slightly, but fit great on the legs, and after a day in size 8's they're beginning to fall down. I can't buy clothes from New Look etc, size 8's are too big there.

So basically, 36.5" hips are tiny.
    I think we should follow suit with the countries that basically banned the use of "size zero" women in modelling.....i think they use the body mass index or something dont they? to make sure that the model is "healthy" however it is she looks....im not sure, but i support the idea.
    I don't support the idea of banning small models, but I think that anything that bucks up the ideas of the fashion industry is a good thing. Whilst I think eating disorders are more complicated than seeing skinny models on the catwalk, it is creating an unrealistic idea of what is normal in impressionable young people. It's as much of a problem for men as for women, too.

People should be looking closer to home, though. It never fails to anger me when I read an article in Glamour or Cosmo about how "men love curvy girls", and the model looks like she's just had an extended holiday at Dachau.
    Kermit wrote: »
    People should be looking closer to home, though. It never fails to anger me when I read an article in Glamour or Cosmo about how "men love curvy girls", and the model looks like she's just had an extended holiday at Dachau.

I agree with that. I think people are targetting high fashion way too much. I mean the only people that really watch fashion shows are randy old men watching the fashion channel in my experience. Things like girls magazines and catalogues have a far greater impact in my opinion.
    kangoo wrote: »

Hips though
    Hmmm... I found http://www.dickies.com/wc2/util/help_size.asp So I"m assuming the 36 1/2 would be a two... which then when converted into uk sizes it would be a 4. But then I found http://www.ethicallyme.com/help_sizes.html where the 36 1/2 woud be between a 8 and 10 in UK sizing... THis one http://www.zemskys.com/school/girls-sizes.htm sais it would be about a 0

And no wonder pants buying is so damn difficult!
    Telling any person that is already slim that they are fat and need to lose weight is terrible.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Telling any person that is already slim that they are fat and need to lose weight is terrible.
    Telling ANYONE they're fat and need to lose weight is terrible, no matter how big or small they are to begin with :no:
    damn, i wish i had mtv :(
    It might be on youtube :p
    I'm sure you watch their shows on the MTV website.