Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Singing

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I have always wondered how people who sing on kids TV get their jobs? And in children's films as well.
Any ideas? I'm just curious. I might do that instead of law :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People who sing on kids tv??? you mean like pop-stars? or hosts??
    I'd imagine they all went to a stage school of some sort...
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    no like Mr Men and alike. I cant think of anything off the top of my head. And on kids CDs, you know, Nursery Rhymes for kids and what not. Make sense?
    They're probably just artists that sent off demo after demo and eventually got a job somewhere...or maybe they just work for a company that makes mr men cartoon or prints cds or something and one day walked around singing...
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Make sense?

Nope :razz:

Do you mean singing the the theme tune to Bob the Builder and stuff? I think the production companies just hire from agencies, think it's probably just actors who do it.

That's probably not what you mean though :confused:
    My sister in law spent 6 months playing one of the Mr Men in the Mr Men stadge show - she got to travel all round the country.

She went to stadge school - but not a full time one just one in the evenings. However your even more likely to end up doing random stuff if you go to full time stadge school and I guess some people love the performing more than being successfull so just carry on even when the have childrens TV jobs - or somethign??
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Nope :razz:

Do you mean singing the the theme tune to Bob the Builder and stuff? I think the production companies just hire from agencies, think it's probably just actors who do it.

That's probably not what you mean though :confused:

It is sort of what I mean. I am not an actor, nor am I part of an agency...best stick to the law then :p
    Wyetry wrote:
    My sister in law spent 6 months playing one of the Mr Men in the Mr Men stadge show - she got to travel all round the country.
    That sounds like so much fun!! I would love to be a Little Miss!
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I have always wondered how people who sing on kids TV get their jobs? And in children's films as well.
    Any ideas? I'm just curious. I might do that instead of law :thumb:

I wouldn't blame you :p
    i'd give up my degree, join a band, sing, go touring...quite happily. lol