Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Preferred Style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What clothes do you like Women/Men to wear?

I love men wearing, a tight(ish) fitting t-shirt black or white, with Jeans, Groovy shoes not black ones though or if they are black gotta be a bit different. Maybe Timberlands (Roll tops)

:D

Woman, They can wear what they want, as long as they don't look better than me. Haha! Joke ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i like men to wear diesel jeans, brown leather belt and a black shirt tucked in :yum:
    obviously they have to have a great body to put inside those clothes.
    lipsy wrote: »
    i like men to wear diesel jeans, brown leather belt and a black shirt tucked in :yum:

Tasty :yes:
    I like it when men wear vintage teeshirts with jeans... I'm not too fussed about male style tbh. As long as he isn't at all chavvy or childishly gothy.

I like seeing women wearing clothes that fit them. Typically feminine lines, tailored clothes, a classic style. No sodding leggings, burn them all :yes:
    Men who wear hats :yum: Especially those soft ones with a peak....:yes:

Women.... I like when girls don't adhere to what magazines broadcast is cool. Can't stand it when you walk through the high street and can't tell the difference between the people and the dummies in the windows. A bit of individual style and fun and you can't fail.

That is a good look! :thumb:
    I like men to look a bit scruffy, studenty/skateish but in a more grown up way.
    I like guys who wear their hoods up.

Most of the guys I go out with just wear jeans/combats with black hoodies and band tshirts.

Theyve gotta have good hair though, the longer the better, unless its longer than mine, and if its not too long its gotta be all messy and stuff.
    I don't like guys to look like they've made an effort. I think blokes should be blokes and jeans and t-shirt or whatever is fine. I just think it's really unattractive if a guy is really interested in style and clothing. Obviously it's different for girls, as that's more their territory.
    Pink Soda wrote: »
    Obviously it's different for girls, as that's more their territory.
    yeah stupid men for wanting to look good! :rolleyes:
    I quite like a man who wears something that suits him - i've traditionally always gone for scruffy skater alternative types but the husband would look wrong in that style - hes more of an all american gant/tommy hillfigure type at home and a all english Daks wearing when smart. Mind you I do have to buy him clothes to look good in i'd never leave it up to chance!
    I like alternative styles on both men and women, but not in a way that screams trying too hard, or anything EMO-ish. Goth's also good, but minus the white face paint and black lipstick. The halloween look is way too OTT in my opinion.

Yeah - it's a bit frustrating... :rolleyes:

For reference, there's a few new lines of mens cosmetics, one of which I picked up a load of stuff from Harrods the other day.

4VOO is the one I went for...

Good shit :)

Combined with the hat I sometimes wear - it's all good ;)

Oh - and I don't have a preferred look that I go for with women. As long as the clothes suit their figure, and they pull it off well, it's all good :)

Nah I thought it might look a bit sexist but it's not what I meant.
    I don't have a problem with guys wanting to look good, but I just don't think they should have the same mentality as girls. I just don't like guys who place too much emphasis on what they're wearing.
    Like if I was going shopping with a guy, it really put me off if they 'shopped around' as much as girls. I mean, to a guy, a t-shirt should be a t-shirt. Obviously I'm being a bit extremist but you get the picture.
    Yeah something like that.

:yes: I like a man with that sorta look. He has to be tall with dark hair though :yum:
    I don't have a problem with guys wanting to look good, but I just don't think they should have the same mentality as girls. I just don't like guys who place too much emphasis on what they're wearing.
    Like if I was going shopping with a guy, it really put me off if they 'shopped around' as much as girls. I mean, to a guy, a t-shirt should be a t-shirt. Obviously I'm being a bit extremist but you get the picture.

WTF?!?!

:lol::lol::lol:

You would SOOOO not like me. Admittedly, I don't go from shop to shop ending up buying just the single item I found in the first store (which saves me from your 'shopping around' dislike) - but I don't wear just any shit because 'it's a t-shirt'...

I take pride in my appearance (except when I'm slumming it at home, hungover) and enjoy picking out something decent to wear! :hyper:

To be honest - I am glad that the gender divide is (slowly!!) becoming blurred. It's about time that blokes had the cosmetics to deal with covering up that annoying blemish etc etc etc - you girls have had it SOOO easy for too long in that respect. Being a straight bloke, I do find that many guys are still adverse to *really* taking care of themselves - even moisturiser ffs - but sod them - if it gives me the edge, I'm happy :) I hate that 'metrosexual' label being used to pigeon-hole people like myself, but if that's what the kids are saying now, that's what I am.
    Men in makeup is sooo wrong imo. :nervous:
    Hahaha - they DO sell foundation etc etc especially for men, although I don't go that far.

I think it also comes down to what you use/how you use it. I've only been experimenting with this lot a couple of times so far, but the reaction has been superb from both my straight friends, gay friends and random people. Oh - and apart from the eye-liner, nobody knew I had done anything else (apart from my housemate Sue as she saw me close up under the kitchen lights) until I told them as it just looked natural. They just thought I was looking particularly good, for whatever reason :)

I have very very blue eyes, going from dark blue around the edges of the cornea through to ice blue in the middle. I had a bit of very subtley done eye-liner on (makes such a difference!) and a barmaid in one of the pre-club bars I went in just couldn't take her eyes off me and called me over to tell me I had the most stunning eyes. I didn't tell her what my secret was, but then an hour later, she started chatting to my girly friend Sam about me. I couldn't believe the reaction! It was like that all night and I was very very pleased as I'm hardly model material, just the 'boy next door'! :)

I use this stuff too - it's just superb as it gives you that matte-skin look which is impossible to achieve without when you're in a hot bar and it's invisible:

http://www.4voo.com/powder.htm
    You know what got me onto all this stuff? It was through my extended clubbing sessions with my pals.

As the guys grew steadily worse as the night progressed, the girls just toddled off to the bathroom and came back looking (almost!) as fresh as daisies. It really started to get on my wick, to be honest, especially on NYE as for some reason I was acutely aware of this (I was pretty mashed, and although far from being a sweaty mess as some people end up, I was not looking my best after 19 hours...). When I start to feel like I look shitty, it takes a bit of the fun away. I'm certainly not paranoid, but when you see the states some of the other people are in, it makes you wonder... Cue some internet research a week or two later, and there we go - I was in Harrods, feeling a bit of a dick, I might add, but thought 10 minutes of feeling a dick would be worth it. ... and it has. I only do this lot when going on a proper clubbing night out, and there are certainly some venues I am more comfortable than others doing this (mainly 'mixed' clubs, as opposed to KoKo in Camden, for example)...
    If you feel better wearing makeup, then go for it! I just don't find it 'attractive'....
    Hahaha - I feel good about myself pretty much all the time, so that's not the reason. :) Admittedly, it's to KEEP me looking as good as I want to, for longer though.

But you are entitled to your opinion - not that you'd be able to tell if you saw me in a bar, to be honest though (unless you got up close and saw the subtle eye-liner - I only use it around the outer 1/4 - 1/2 of the eye lid(?)).

Actually you have surprised me a bit, what with your semi-goth/emo/whatever look you have for yourself. :) I figured (looking at My Chemical Romance, for example) that the boys into that tend to lean towards that heavily eye-linered look?!
    Haha, I personally am not overly keen on eyeliner on men, usually because of the way it's applied!! lol. Most males who wear eyeliner are 13 years old and use it like they would a crayon in a colouring book.

However, if it's applied correctly and in a way that is sutble (think, Dave Navarro) then, I'd be more inclined.... :yes:

This coming from a girl who's main crush in life is Leonardo DiCaprio :thumb:

ETA;
    not that you'd be able to tell if you saw me in a bar
    Don't be so sure... I'm a girl, who studies makeup... ;)
    Oh - yes, mine is subtle, but effective. I practiced before I unleashed myself on the unsuspecting world ;)

I know what you mean about that crayon application method. I used to be a rocker (12 years ago) and they looked shite then too ;) Never went for it then! Hahah

I actually just did an Image search on Dave Navarro - yes, that's about it, but I have much lighter features and so I use even less. I put a bit on with the pencil end, and (I dunno about women's eye-liner) the 4VOO stuff I use has a brush on the other end, which I use to spread and blend nicely.

Straight up - there is no way I would leave the house if it looked shite ;) If you're gonna do something, you have to do it right! :D

I'm such a tart.......................................... Hahahah
    I know a guy who wears a little bit of grey eyeliner on a night out. It looks really effective actually, really brings out his eyes.
    It was quite subtle though.
    I know a guy who wears a little bit of grey eyeliner on a night out. It looks really effective actually, really brings out his eyes.
    It was quite subtle though.

:yes:

Less is more, when it comes to this, otherwise you look a twat/emo. :lol:

I get what you mean. I find that a lot of girls like blokes that appear naturally good at something, rather than being good because they tried really hard. They like the bloke who's good at dressing, but doesn't spend two hours doing it. They like the bloke who's got a good body, but doesn't spend every available hour working on it in the gym. I mean let's say you went bowling on a night out, would you prefer a bloke who took it really seriously and won, or a bloke who seemed to just be good without really trying? See the fine line us blokes have to tread? ;)

Incidentally, on girls, I think it's very much about what suits you rather than any particular style. I've seen girls that look good and bad in pretty much every style imaginable, so I think it's more down to dress sense (and how attractive she is in the first place), rather than particular styles.
    I'm sorry but blokes wearing any type of make up... :no: That implies that your somewhat vain, and that is such a turn off.

Anyway i was thinking and to be honest i can't think of a particular style i like on men. As long as they're clean and they smell nice i don't really care! Although i draw the line at naff clothes really.

Sorry - my answer applied to the one before... Bah
    LacyMay wrote: »
    I'm sorry but blokes wearing any type of make up... :no: That implies that your somewhat vain, and that is such a turn off.

Anyway i was thinking and to be honest i can't think of a particular style i like on men. As long as they're clean and they smell nice i don't really care! Although i draw the line at naff clothes really.

Nothing wrong with a bit of vanity, IMO. Whatever floats (or sinks!) your boat though :)
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with a bit of vanity, IMO. Whatever floats (or sinks!) your boat though :)

Yeah but combine that with being flashy, no ta.