Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

condom splitting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any ideas as to why condoms split? I have this problem. Shall I just get my woman to go on the pill?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pfft, if my bf told me to go on the pill because he didnt wanna wear a condom i'd say screw u! (not sexually)

Neway, try putting one on when ur alone/not with a girl, maybe ur just panicking and being abit rough? Also i think instructions come with them, take a look if u havent already.
    Are you squeezing the teat at the end to get the air out before you put on the condom?

That could help.
    Sounds like it might be small?
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Sounds like it might be small?
    Doubt it, when you can fit one of those over your head. It's more likely he's putting it on wrong.
    Janjan wrote: »
    pfft, if my bf told me to go on the pill because he didnt wanna wear a condom i'd say screw u! (not sexually)

bit harsh, its a valid reason to go on the pill really, although wrong choice of words, you cant "make" someone go on the pill.

Only thing i can suggest is sort of practice putting them on when your not with a girl, see if it makes any difference
    No, it's not harsh, it's really sensible. janjan's got it dead on, the pill doesn't protect you from STD's
    exactly, i'd use both personally just incase, can never be too sure. but as said, practice makes perfect :naughty:
    olaola wrote: »
    bit harsh, its a valid reason to go on the pill really, although wrong choice of words, you cant "make" someone go on the pill.

Only thing i can suggest is sort of practice putting them on when your not with a girl, see if it makes any difference

Some light reading for you : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6293729.stm
    Well it obviously depends on the circumstances whether its a safe option or not. None of us can judge that as he hasnt given enough information.
    olaola wrote: »
    Well it obviously depends on the circumstances whether its a safe option or not. None of us can judge that as he hasnt given enough information.

So err on the side of caution, ... ;)
    is it possible for it to be too small?

p.s. to OP, yes, it could be too small ... try a larger size.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya,
    Avert has some really good info about condoms. This article explains about different sizes and goes into detail about putting them on.
    Hope it helps :)