Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I saw this on house...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I saw this on house a while ago and now a similar cirmstance has arrisin and I'm curious on its truthfullness.

Can trace amounts of medication be passed thru sexual fluids? Like if a man is taking a pennicillin antibiotic and you are very allergic to penecillin, would it be possible to get some of that medication and suffer from the side effects if you orally ingested the said sexual fluids.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shit i hope its not true, i could get seriously fucked (no pun intended) :s
    I saw that episode too! If it is true, it would probably be very rare.
    Well seeing as you can affect the taste by what you eat I would suppose that trace amounts of the medication or the by products of it could probably be transferred. You'd have to be majorly allergic though, like can't be in the same room as that item for it to be a problem I'd guess.
    I'm not sure about your penicillin example but yes, some medication can be secreted in trace amounts through semenal fluid. A well known example is chemotherapy drugs, this is the reason why use of a condom is advised when one of the partners is recieving chemo.