Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm just starting my second term of calculus after sneaking by the first term with a low c. My parents are trying to get me to try a tutor because they worry that too many C’s will affect my chances to go to the college I want. Where do you find the best tutors on the internet?:confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've always found actually having a person right there is better than doing it over the internet.
    What level are you at?

Often a good way to find a tutor is to talk to your teachers, see if they can recommend someone. That way you'll get someone who understands your syllabus.
    There are thousands of qualified tutors on the internet. Just do a search and you’ll get hundreds of listings. The hardest part for me was figuring out what I really wanted and then finding someone who could do it. I wanted to do a study buddy thing a couple of hours a week for help and advice with several subjects. I ended up with a company called tutors without limits that lets you hire the tutor directly and make whatever arrangements you want. Good luck with Calculus.
    katsmith75 wrote: »
    There are thousands of qualified tutors on the internet. Just do a search and you’ll get hundreds of listings. The hardest part for me was figuring out what I really wanted and then finding someone who could do it. I wanted to do a study buddy thing a couple of hours a week for help and advice with several subjects. I ended up with a company called tutors without limits that lets you hire the tutor directly and make whatever arrangements you want. Good luck with Calculus.

*Agree* look online for tutors in your area that might be able to help on an individual level. person to person would definetly be better..
    Help!

What?s the deal with tutors that charge $2 an hour? I was just looking on a website, and they had a bunch of tutors, most with college degrees who worked for $2 an hour? How is that possible? Is it a scam?
    :chin:
    its a spam yeah
    Probably because they got shit degrees from shit universities and being yanks are probably pretty stupid anyway.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    this seems to link directly to your other thread so I've merged them!
    £30 an hour for Maths GCSE?

I only get £20 for A level!
    Hiya Carolper,

I think the best advice we can give you is to go and talk to your class teacher or someone in charge of your courses. They will be able to advise you on what strategies will be best for you- maybe they have some kind of study groups or extra revision classes in place already? How about getting together with some other people in your class to go through some of the issues you don't understand? That way you can all share ideas- nobody knows everything and its nice to know other people are feeling the same way.

If your parents really want you to get a tutor maybe one of your teachers could recommend one? That way you won't get ripped off by any con artists online.

Good luck.