Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Itching driving me mad!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For a couple of days the inside of my ears, nose and throat and my eyes have been itching.
It's really annoying.

Don't think I'm allergic to anything... I don't feel ill.
Any ideas what it could be or how the hell I can stop it cos it's driving me craaaaazzzzzy!!!!! :crazyeyes

Seems a stupid thing to go to the doctors with.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm allergic to some types of fruit and i get this when i eat them. You sure your not allergic to something?
    LacyMay wrote: »
    I'm allergic to some types of fruit and i get this when i eat them. You sure your not allergic to something?

Don't think I am... Not eaten anything different recently or anything. And I've never had this before.
    I guess I could have suddenly become allergic to something. Think I should try taking an antihistamine incase? Would that help even?
    Does sound really allergy like. I'd suggest an otc allergy pill and see if it clears up and go from there :p
    Could be dust or central heating! Well it could be anything to be honest, but you shouldn't feel silly about going to the doctors, they probably see people about these sort of things all the time.
    Antihistamine is worth a shot.
    I've recently been put on thyroid reducing medication and that is making me itch! They have changed me over to another one but a side effect of that one can be itching too so I will just have to wait and see.

Have you been put on any new medication recently?
    Just reading this thread is making me itch :crying:

Honestly, if it doesn't clear up, it does sound allergy related, and you're probably best going to the doctors over it if you can, because they might be able to give you an idea of what is causing it - so you can avoid it from now on :)
    Well I had an antihistamine and it seemed to clear it up. So I guess I'm allergic to something.

Can't think of anything at all that could have caused it though.

I could have had an allergy to something for quite a while and not known about it though because I was on antihistamines perminantly for a couple of years because of a stress reaction that gave me chronic hives...
    I haven't been taking them for a few months though and I can't think of anything different I've been in contact with this week. Oh well... at least I know how to stop it if it happens again.

Thanks for all the replies.
    You can become intollerant of something overnight, especially boyfriends :D I used to use a bio washing powder for years, then one day my skin flared up. Was my usual brand and was halfway through a box, but suddenly became allergic to bio washing powder.