Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sleep Paralysis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else ever had this? I get it reallly often recently and it's so horrible, It makes me really scared about going to sleep too.

for those of you who don't know, Google says:

"A frightening state of seeming to being awake but unable to move."

For me, it feels like I've woken up but can't move.. thenn me whole body starts to spin and float around the room or above my bed. Sometimes my radio switches on and black shapes push me around. It is reallllly horrible. I feel completely concious which makes it all even more terrifying. Sometimes then it finishes, and I feel like I'm properly awake and it's all over, go to switch on my light.. and it starts all over again, I'm paralysed and there's nothing I can do about it. Agh. I'm getting all freaked out just thinking about it. When I wake up I'm in exactly the same position I was in the sleep paralysis thing, and my eyes are already open, and if it wasn't so ridiculous I'd swear it all really happened.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Has anyone else ever had this? I get it reallly often recently and it's so horrible, It makes me really scared about going to sleep too.

for those of you who don't know, Google says:

"A frightening state of seeming to being awake but unable to move."

For me, it feels like I've woken up but can't move.. thenn me whole body starts to spin and float around the room or above my bed. Sometimes my radio switches on and black shapes push me around. It is reallllly horrible. I feel completely concious which makes it all even more terrifying. Sometimes then it finishes, and I feel like I'm properly awake and it's all over, go to switch on my light.. and it starts all over again, I'm paralysed and there's nothing I can do about it. Agh. I'm getting all freaked out just thinking about it. When I wake up I'm in exactly the same position I was in the sleep paralysis thing, and my eyes are already open, and if it wasn't so ridiculous I'd swear it all really happened.

Nah, but a good few of my mates suffer from it. Funnily enough they do more pills than me as well as Ket and MDMA...maybe it could be related? Are you a heavy pill user?
    i get this when i've been using pills heavily or quite frequently. its really scary! :(
    Whoa. I never even thought of that, it makes sense actually.

I take between 2 and 10 pills a week usually.. sometimes spread over friday and saturday though. Is that about what they do?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you do a search on the drugs board with 'sleep paralysis' you will find several threads that might be helpful...
    This article from wikipedia might be of interest to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    I have had this once, I feel for you it's not fun at all... I didn't get the floating round the room thing, but i was fully awake and could only move my eyes. it happened when i fell asleep on the sofa once, my mum walked past and i was desperately trying to say something but i couldn't talk, thought i was gonna be stuck there forever :D

scary stuff! :shocking:
    Also I found this thread from a while back quite useful as I suffer from occasional sensory hallucinations but it also is about sleep paralysis:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=95543
    Whoa. I never even thought of that, it makes sense actually.

I take between 2 and 10 pills a week usually.. sometimes spread over friday and saturday though. Is that about what they do?

I've only had this a couple of times, and both times it was following a few weeks of caning really strong MDMA powder every weekend, therefore I would put my money on there being a relationship between the two.

If you're doing pills every week it's probably the reason.

I never get it anymore but I only use pills/MDMA once every few weeks these days, so that's probably why.

My advice would be that if you want it to stop, you should stop caning pills every week.
    It is possible to suffer from this without drugs being the cause though, although it sounds quite possible that this is the cause of the problems for the OP.
    I used to get this a lot. Some times it was quite mild, other times it was terrible.
    I haven't had it for a long time, and that is since cutting right down on drugs I take. I used to get it worst a few nights after doing pills.
    Thanks for all the info.

Highly doubt this will make me stop pills though.

I know a guy who once described some kind of out of body experience when he woke up one day, he thought he'd died and come back to life or some shit. I bet this was what it was really.
    I wasn't aware the uk was so drug infested. That's rather scary....

You are giving yourself very frequent extra horrible nightmares, but you doubt you'll stop taking them? brrrr...
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You are giving yourself very frequent extra horrible nightmares, but you doubt you'll stop taking them? brrrr...

It's not doing any physical damage. I think the person is saying that the good side out weighs the bad really. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I continued taking pills knowing they would have this effect just because I didn't see it as such a big deal that it was worth stopping over.

ETA: just to clarify, I meant sleep paralysis isn't physically damaging, not pills lol
    You don't have to stop, just cut down. You shouldn't really do pills every weekend anyway IMO. You'll kill the magic very very quickly, and your comedowns will progressively increase in severity.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I wasn't aware the uk was so drug infested. That's rather scary....

why do you say that?
    Addict wrote: »
    You don't have to stop, just cut down. You shouldn't really do pills every weekend anyway IMO. You'll kill the magic very very quickly, and your comedowns will progressively increase in severity.
    :yes:
    Everyone goes through that stage though!
    Buzzing off a couple of three leaf Clovers right now! :yippe: Thought I'd try a couple out before I buy a fuck load of them.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :yes:
    Everyone goes through that stage though!
    Buzzing off a couple of three leaf Clovers right now! :yippe: Thought I'd try a couple out before I buy a fuck load of them.

can't beat drugs on a wednesday :razz:
    i dont do pills, we're not all drug infested :D
    Ive never had sleep paralasis but my mum has told me about when she had it before, she says its preeety scary :|
    I've had sleep paralysis once before, and I've never taken drugs. It's really scary :(
    Im scared of getting it now lol
    i get sometimes and its fuckin freaky

and yes if you're caining pills that most very likely whats causing it if you only started getting it recently..

i get it more frequently when going through periods of abusing pills, im absolutely certain its linked as id never had it before (to my memory anyway) until i started abusin e's

its really frightening and does make me very weary about going to back to sleep, honestly the only thing that stops it is knockin the pills in the head!

other than that theres nothin to stop it! i know a few times ive tried to get my gf's attention to wake her up and 'wake me up' but the only thing you can do is like breath really deeply to try and make noise! i think i managed to kick her once but it was as i was comin out of it, so it didnt really do me much favours lol