Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Valentines Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a thread floating about but I think that's just to do with sex?

Anyway..what has been your favourite valentines day and what are you doing this year?

I'll answer this shortly after I've had a think!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't celebrate Valentine's day, so I can't say I've had a favourite!
    not really got a favourite so far.

this year we're gonna celebrate it the weekend before, because i wont see her on valentines day and the weekend after im going away for the weekend to see the killers.

not sure what we doing yet, probably a nice meal and whatever.
    Never had a good one so far, and definately NOT having a good one this year. Simple as that.
    When I was in school we had these things called singograms where you write down the name and class of someone you fancy and some of the older people in the school go and serenade them for you on valentines day. Last year my friends thought it would be funny to send one to me for every frickin class I had. Super embarassing lol.

I've never had a good valentines day with a bf really. Nothing that I can remember anyway =/. That sucks.
    koe_182 wrote: »
    not really got a favourite so far.

this year we're gonna celebrate it the weekend before, because i wont see her on valentines day and the weekend after im going away for the weekend to see the killers.

not sure what we doing yet, probably a nice meal and whatever.

That pretty much sums up things for me as well! Although I'm not going to see the killers and we still haven't actually planned what we are doing yet.
    Havent had any good Valentines Day. The ex turning out to be a twat kinda ruins the memory :p

This year my boyfriend has taken the day off of work to come with me to my uni interview. He tried winding me up by pretending to be anti-valentines day and basically a SCROOGE. I got so upset till he burst out laughing. The goon.
    I don't like celebrating it in the "traditional" way but it's a nice excuse to spend a day/night together doing something a bit out of the ordinary. My best one so far was going for a really nice, fuss-free day out in the countryside with an ex. Got all bundled up against the cold and we even went planting trees, it was just perfect!

As for this year, my fella is playing a gig on V-day night. So we'll be in the pub with a choice selection of our mates all afternoon and evening and then we'll go home and to bed. Suits me :thumb:
    briggi wrote: »

As for this year, my fella is playing a gig on V-day night. So we'll be in the pub with a choice selection of our mates all afternoon and evening and then we'll go home and to bed. Suits me :thumb:

Awww...that sounds nice!! Not slushy or show-y...just a decent evening out with yer bloke...lovely! :)
    I've had some good valentines days with girlfriends but as I'm single this year, I'm just gonna treat it like any other day.
    go_away wrote: »
    I don't celebrate Valentine's day, so I can't say I've had a favourite!

Same! I hate all the fuss about it in this country (and others? :confused: ). I'm going to go and see my boyfriend on Valentine's Day but only because it's another excuse to go and see him!
    Our anniversary is exactly a week before velntines day so that normally gets more attention. We usually go out for a meal for the anniverary, and for valentines day just stay in with a film, have some nice food and exchange little presents. Pancake day sometimes falls quite close which I much prefer to valentines day!! :razz:
    Just going to try and normalise valientines day as much as possible, it is just a big media and marketing industry scam anyway.

Its also there to point out everyone whos single
    Me and Valentines Day just don't mix. I've never celebrated it before and I doubt I will be this year.
    Matteh wrote: »
    Just going to try and normalise valientines day as much as possible, it is just a big media and marketing industry scam anyway.

Its also there to point out everyone whos single

:yes: My thoughts entirly.
    probably nothing
    no biggie, fucking hate valentines day anyways
    I hate the whole idea of Valentine's Day, but I indulge a little as its as good an excuse as any to have a steak and a shag :p

Best day I've had was when we went to Whitby and acted like the old couple we really are; either that or the time when she missed her ferry to go skiing on the 14th and had to spend the night with me:) Worst was having to look after a suicidal sister-in-law.
    Rachael wrote: »
    There's a thread floating about but I think that's just to do with sex?

Anyway..what has been your favourite valentines day and what are you doing this year?

I'll answer this shortly after I've had a think!

My best V day was when I was 17. I was single, my best male friend (who was gay) gave me a lovely handmade card.

Anyway, all the way through college I was totally obsessed with a guy called Simon. Once he had come to talk to me and I was so petrified and nervous I made an idiot of myself.

We'd started speaking a bit before V day as we went on the same bus. At about 11pm on Valentines night he texted me and said "happy valentines day" and asked me out, for a day out shopping and lunch. I was so excited and happy. I thought he was totally out of my league, and wanted everything to be perfect.

So the night before our 'date', I, for some stupid reason, decided to use hair removing cream on my upper lip. To this day I don't know why, I think I just spent too long staring into a super magnifying mirror.

My skin reacted badly to the cream and swelled up and went red. I knew I couldn't go out with Simon looking like that, so I texted him and said I had to stay at home 'to wait for the gas man' (crap excuse). He presumed I wasn't interested and didn't ask me out again. A few weeks later I got together with a complete arse....

So yeah that was my best Valentines day, the one that got away...

As for this year, I am seeing someone but have no idea about valentines day. Hopefully I'll get a surprise but I suspect he may ignore it and I'll have to go to a council meeting.
    Played Gotcha! (paintball) with her and I gave her a few headshots. I played with red paint so I shot at her crotch and it looked... oh wait my dog is barking, I better have a look.

(I wished :( btw.)
    Hmmm, no idea what my best/favourite one would be. Probably last year, as I woke up to breakfast in bed and loads of presents all over the bed, with a dozen wooden roses because "I don't want you sulking when real ones die" :D

This year I've got to go into college during the day (even though it's half term.. why oh why do I agree to these things?!) but I'm being taken out for a meal then a drink in town in the evening. :) Just a nice night out, hopefully :)
    Is it wrong that my best was with an ex, a man whom i despise? Any way at the time i foolishly loved him. He used to live in Birmingham, so i'd only see him on a weekend. That year V-day fell on a week night and he told me he couldn't see me. I was feeling a little lonely and depressed, then the door bell rang. He'd suprise visited me and bought a bottle of champaign, a huge card, a bouquet of roses and a box of milk tray.

This year won't be anything as extravagant, but at least i'll be with the man i love! I'm going to buy him the new Within Temptation CD and a card and suprise visit him. He's a little clueless, so i'll point him in the direction of a giant heart shape cookie from Millies. Mmmmmm cookie.
  • PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    The Valentine's Day section is now live to give you guys and gals some ideas for what to do on the day. Our gushing girl from last year is back and has given us an update on how it all went last year - cringe moment in there just to warn you...

Check out the aphrodisiac article as well...
    first time i ever really got anything was last year when my boyfriend sent a surprise dozen white roses in a gorgeous bouquet and a card with a sonnet/poem he wrote and he hates poetry
    I wont get to see my man on valentines day so im taking him out to the cinema and for an italian when he comes up this weekend. :)
    We dont usually do something on valentines day anyways..last year we went out to a fairly posh restuarant about a month after the 14th feb!
    I've never been into valentines day but the man and I have had a rough couple of months and I"ve been making everything extra special lately and I'm even having plans for valentines day. We'll most likely just be going to dinner at a resturant that we go to every copule of weeks or so, nothing that special but its good and Ed can get to the front of the always long wait list. I'm going to get him a pound of his favorite fanny mae candy. I want to get him flowers, I'm going to give him a back massage and the longest back scratch of his life. I want to give him a nice foot rub too, but he has a bad toe so I dont know... I think I'm going to bake him brownies *all fingers crossed there* Lots of sex. Really, for me, this valentines day will just be a let me prove to you how sorry I am and all I want is to be with you kind of day. A start over kind of thing. I can't wait.
    i've never actually celebrated one in person with a g/f. i sent her some gifts and a card in the mail. hopefully i'll have a good one next year.
    I had a nice one a few years back, I took a new girlfriend to the pictures and we walked home holding hands and had a kiss on the doorstep. It was nice because it was just us, a bit cheesy and cliched but I'm a sucker for Valentines.

I'm doing fuck all this year cause nobody loves me.
    My best valentines day ever ever ever was when my ex bought me a £60 necklace and i was ever so pleased, not. I was even more pleased when i found the receipt in the bag and realised it was 13 pounds worth of the finest lizzy duke.
    Valentine's Day is a load of shite.

Only if you haven't got someone to share it with.

Making this year's valentine's day 'a load of shite' for me as well. :(
    For someone unwillingly single and has been since time began (feels that way), Valentines is an unpleasant experience. I work in a shop and the Valentines display of cards, flowers, chick flicks and posh chocolates etc just frustrates me.

As for my best one, erm, don't think I've had one where I've not wanted to sleep through the entire day to get it out of the way.
    I saw "To the Dog" "From the Dog" and "To the Cat" valentines cards in Clintons yesterday. Nevermind "I love you Grandma" "To my Daughter on Valentines" and "Happy Valentines Mummy".

WTF is up with that?

I don't know what I'm doing. Probably staying in at my house, and might make tea together. After that, tv/film and sex/sleep depending on the general mood. Nothing out of the ordinary, apart from help with the cooking. :p