Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What kind of bf/gf are you?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Lips, you sound like hard work. :p
    i know :( my male friend reckons i'm classed as a 'high-demand' girl.
    lipsy wrote: »
    i know :( my male friend reckons i'm classed as a 'high-demand' girl.
    What's the problem with that?
    I'm independent, straight talking and maybe 'stand offish' at times.

I don't like to be smothered, nor do I like for people to be over-proective of me, it makes me uncomfortable and I'd rather be with somebody who lets me make mistakes and learns from them.

sounds a bit like me
    Bullseye wrote: »
    What's the problem with that?
    you tell me :p
    you tell me :p

I can't see one, from my point of view. I like high maintenance, but that's just me. The more complicated a girl is, the more interesting it is to be with her.
    Bullseye wrote:
    The more complicated a girl is, the more interesting it is to be with her.

See I'm the opposite. I don't want to chase around girls trying to work out what they're thinking or why they're in a mood again.

The girl I like at work isn't high maintenance, doesn't go in a huff for no reason or throw tantrums, and there's no ego there at all. She's just lovely, easy to talk to and she doesn't realise it which makes her even more endearing.

Saying that I've not been her boyfriend yet and she might be totally the opposite if that situation ever came up. I just really love uncomplicated people like her :)
    lol high "maintenance"! i knew high "demand" didn't sound right :razz:
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I don't want to chase around girls trying to work out what they're thinking or why they're in a mood again.The girl I like at work isn't high maintenance, doesn't go in a huff for no reason or throw tantrums, and there's no ego there at all.

see i don't think im that high maintenace going from the above. I guess i can be a bit complicated and never really know what i want which means the guy never knows what i want and so he can't do wrong for doing right (as said in my previous posts in this thread). however im outspoken and honest so i won't just go off in a mysterious huff. i've only ever thrown tantrums with my most recent ex (and possibly another) but thats coz he deserved it. and i can't have been that bad because he wrote me a letter last month declaring his love and wanting me to take him back :razz:
    I think I'm a pretty good girlfriend. I don't like guys who are all over me alllll the time, I like them to keep me guessing a little bit and I do the same.
    I guess i can be a bit complicated and never really know what i want which means the guy never knows what i want and so he can't do wrong for doing right (as said in my previous posts in this thread).

Are you the sort that when asked 'what do you want to do?' you reply with something like 'I don't mind' or 'whatever you want to do'? That drives me fucking insane. I've occasionally tried to ban lady friends from saying 'I don't mind'.
    see i don't think im that high maintenace going from the above. I guess i can be a bit complicated and never really know what i want which means the guy never knows what i want and so he can't do wrong for doing right (as said in my previous posts in this thread). however im outspoken and honest so i won't just go off in a mysterious huff. i've only ever thrown tantrums with my most recent ex (and possibly another) but thats coz he deserved it. and i can't have been that bad because he wrote me a letter last month declaring his love and wanting me to take him back :razz:

Ah, see it depends what you mean by high maintenance.

When I think of high maintenance I think of that Nikki woman off BB last year, never pleased with anything and constantly in your ear screaming over nothing. I've been out with a girl like that before and it was just fucking impossible to please her or make her happy and it ended in tears.
    Addict wrote: »
    Are you the sort that when asked 'what do you want to do?' you reply with something like 'I don't mind' or 'whatever you want to do'? That drives me fucking insane. I've occasionally tried to ban lady friends from saying 'I don't mind'.

no :confused:
    when i say "i don't know what i want" i mean out of a relationship, not on a day-to-day basis.
    Need space otherwise they will generally piss me off a bit.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I'm a big believer in doing things seperately aswell as doing things as a couple.
    Me too....although I can become a bit too clingy/needy sometimes and so can my partner at times.
    A short term one usually. I get bored very easily. Probably more down to the fact that I've never really clicked with anyone (well anyone that felt the same way anyway).
    Bullseye wrote: »
    I can't see one, from my point of view. I like high maintenance, but that's just me. The more complicated a girl is, the more interesting it is to be with her.

nah, not for me. Well I'm not trying to settle for "tell her she looks good and you'll have her", but there will always the insecurity if everything is alright. It's like a caught fish struggling in the net to get free and you have to be super careful not to say a wrong word, because 2 other dudes already wait in line.

for me? I can't really say. I seem to cling a bit in the beginning, but then - well, not lose interest, but... ummm. I'd rather take my girl out with a few friends than all alone, I dunno. I like company, the bigger the group the more comfortable am I, so probably see her once in 3 days as a general rule, an additional time when going out...ah I don't know, depends on the girl as well, definitely NOT see everyday and if I see her on 2 or 3 consecutive days, then definitely not the whole day long, doesn't matter who it is, my g/f, a friend, an aquaintance, family member, I get moody and put off when always in company with the same person.

Can't see me getting married or moving together with someone anytime soon.
    I've been with my boyfriend 6 months and I still only usually see him about once a week, twice at most. We both live in London. I'm too scared to keep asking him out for fear I'll come across clingy, but I'd like to see him more :(

xxx
    A short term one usually. I get bored very easily. Probably more down to the fact that I've never really clicked with anyone (well anyone that felt the same way anyway).

By the way, very off topic but loving your avatar.

Brian's a ledge :)
    I go through phases. There are days when I just can't be bothered, and other days when I feel like crying because he's leaving.

I don't see myself as clingy, but I do like to see him as often as possible and make the effort to talk to him every night, even if only for 5 mins. Sad as it might sound, he brightens up my universe. :heart:

I'm perfectly happy to be asleep or reading on the bed while he's on the pc, it's being in the same room that counts. Hate it when he's staying over and my parents make him sleep in the spare room, for some reason that makes me feel really really lonely, whereas if he was at his and I was alone in my room, I would be fine.
    I live with my boyfriend so i see him every day, and thats fine by me, we havent got bored of eachothers company so far.

I think i would really miss him if i saw him less, because its what im used to.

We get our own space- go out with our own friends as well as together as part of a group. We frequently go out just the 2 of us. But in case its ever necessary we have our own seperate rooms where we can lock ourselves away- which i think is a good thing.