Home Sex & Relationships
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

How Do I tell Her She's Annoying?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot 🤖Posts: 8,657 Automated Account
In the most polite way of course.

There's a girl on my course. She's loud and an attention seeker. Recently, she hurt her back but goes on like she's going to die or something like that.:rolleyes: She also uses it as an excuse to be late for lessons. (which causes interuptions and means that we have to go over work we've already done, again)

She has a boyfriend and won't shut up about him, even when we're trying (quite obviously as well) to get on with our work.

A few weeks ago, she was talking about her boyfriend and she ended up asking if me or this other girl (who I get on well with and isn't anything like the girl I'm talking about here) would like to sex with her boyfriend.:rolleyes:

One time (when this girl wasn't at school) we were talking and ended up talking about her. Apparantely, I said that she was annoying, which she had a right go at me for. She also had a go at me when she offered me something with chocolate in it and I said no instead of no thanks. The thing is, she offered me something she KNEW I wasn't allowed.

She also had a go at me one time because I was trying to work and she was interupting me. (She wanted me to do something I think)

She alos had a go at me one time because she'd asked me if she could borrow a text or something and I said no because I had no credit (which was a lie - I just don't trust her enough not to go through my phone), a few weeks ago, we were talking about phones and I said something about my contract coming up for renew and that I could get anew phone. She then had a go at me because I'd lied to her.

I'm not the only one who feels this way about her either - 2 other girls have said a similar thing about her as well.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd just tell her straight up. Do it politely though so you don't seem like your just being bitchy. It shouldn't be hard unless your best mates with her.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you have to be polite? Just say look love your doing my fuckin head in. Usually works for me :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that works too. but just makes sure she gets the Idea. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote: »
    Why do you have to be polite? Just say look love your doing my fuckin head in. Usually works for me :p

    :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    she doesnt sound very polite, so u dont owe her anythin, just tell her to shut her face
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Sofie wrote: »
    She alos had a go at me one time because she'd asked me if she could borrow a text or something and I said no because I had no credit (which was a lie - I just don't trust her enough not to go through my phone), a few weeks ago, we were talking about phones and I said something about my contract coming up for renew and that I could get anew phone. She then had a go at me because I'd lied to her.
    Well in this case, she was 100% right to get mad. Who wouldn't?

    As for the rest, simply try -calmly- to tell her what she's doing wrong. If "calmly" won't work (note: I'm surprised to say the following) LAcyMay's suggestion is the best.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shes still got no right to get mad tbh.

    noone owes her free use of their phone.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    shes still got no right to get mad tbh.

    noone owes her free use of their phone.
    Surely not, but everyone is entitled to the truth. If that happened I wouldn't be mad that I didn't get to use the phone, but that someone lied to me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if that happened to me, i wouldnt say anything, id just feel embarrassed that she`d obviously felt id taken the piss by asking to use the phone.

    I dont think everyone is entitled to the truth from mere aquaintances, especially ones they dont even like.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reward her for good behaviour. Punish her for bad behaviour.

    Your body language and the way in which you deliver what you say are your tools. If she doesn't get the hint - either be more direct or just eject ... don't try and be too nice if you don't feel comfortable.

    Personally though, I'd never tell a girl she's annoying, not worth making enemies at University - Just don't speak to her as much if she carries on or tell her in as nice a way as possible - "I don't feel comfortable talking about blah blah" - delivered with a nice :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well in this case, she was 100% right to get mad. Who wouldn't?

    So you'd be alright with someone using your phone, bearing in mind that I don't trust her enough not to go through the personal stuff I have on there?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Deck her one :) Then she'll stay away from you hehe


    In all seriousness though, she sounds like a psycho. Maybe have a "group talk" so you've got the others to back you up too, and just tell her that her actions are unncessesary and you do not like the way she acts and treats you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    So you'd be alright with someone using your phone, bearing in mind that I don't trust her enough not to go through the personal stuff I have on there?
    But she doesn't really know how you feel, so she's bound to feel like that. Maybe she knows how you feel and she's trying to make you like her, albeit in the wrong way. You could go down the nice route and explain you want to be her friend but there's a few things your not happy with. You could be tough and tell her you don't want to be friends which could cause problems. Or you could get your teacher to have a word.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think sometimes you're as well just letting it pass and try and pay more attention to other people.

    Some people do stuff for attention, bragging about stuff or telling everybody how great they are or maoning about stuff nobody else can do anything about. If you think she's acting out of order then let her know, or you could just bear with her and just try and avoid her as much as you can.

    If you're not the only person who's head she does in then she'll get shunted soon enough.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Sofie wrote: »
    So you'd be alright with someone using your phone, bearing in mind that I don't trust her enough not to go through the personal stuff I have on there?
    Why did everyone miss the point of what I said?
    Not allowing her to use your phone is your right.
    She probably got mad, and I think everyone would, because you lied.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "You are going on my nerves, screw you."

    no? too direct?

    I don't know why you want to tell her eitherways. To be a bit more empathic with her, it would probably pretty much hurt her and NOT make a change for the better. Just ignore her, give her zero attention, and the next time she asks you if you want to fuck her boyfriend say, "why are you asking such stupid questions? You're an annoyance, just so you know."
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ignore her, don't respond when she tries to wind people up

    if not, just do what lacy said
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She sucks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She probably got mad, and I think everyone would, because you lied.

    Oh, no! No one has ever told a white lie before!

    She sounds like a real nasty one, I'd have no moral inhibitions if i was to lie to her. I would definately not be mad if I asked someone, who I don't particularly like, for their phone and they lied to me - esp. when it's quite clear the feeling's mutual. I would, incidentally, only ask mates and not people who I know don't like me (unless it's an emergency). It's quite clear she has a superiority complex and should cool down for a sec.

    It's not like she was lying about a boyfriend or something, just credit. I wonder what she would have said if sofie said no to her? Probably not the best move to make, by the sound of it. Just stay away from her, confronting her will only worsen your situation.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She sounds like a real nasty one, I'd have no moral inhibitions if i was to lie to her.

    She does?

    Fucking hell, I can't believe this girl has been labelled a psycho [and the rest] - you lot are lucky you've never had to associate with some of the characters I have :lol: I think she sounds like a bit of a pussycat, maybe she's a bit off taking you to task about things but hey it's better than just sniding off and talking about you behind your back. In my view, anyway.

    As for the phone thing, I've borrowed work mates' phones to send texts before and I don't think that it's a huge liberty or anything of the sort. I see where Indrid Cold is coming from that she may be a bit put out, I think you'd probably have been better not to fib about credit when you've got a contract -- but obviously it was a difficult position for you to have been put it, so fair enough. You're entitled to keep your own phone to yourself, and of course if you feel she's not trustworthy then that's another reason in the "don't let her" pile.

    I'd just stay out of her company whenever possible. When you do have to see/spend time with her then just be cool and civil, don't get drawn into daft conversations about her boyfriend etc if you find it so unsettling. Easy peasy :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote: »
    She does?

    I don't think she does. To me, she's just loud and an attention seeker but in no way a psycho or anything like that.
    As for the phone thing, I've borrowed work mates' phones to send texts before and I don't think that it's a huge liberty or anything of the sort. I see where Indrid Cold is coming from that she may be a bit put out, I think you'd probably have been better not to fib about credit when you've got a contract -- but obviously it was a difficult position for you to have been put it, so fair enough. You're entitled to keep your own phone to yourself, and of course if you feel she's not trustworthy then that's another reason in the "don't let her" pile.

    I only told her that because it was the first thing I could think of. (I think she saw that I had my phone on me)
    I'd just stay out of her company whenever possible. When you do have to see/spend time with her then just be cool and civil, don't get drawn into daft conversations about her boyfriend etc if you find it so unsettling. Easy peasy :thumb:

    I do try to do this. But if I just there and ignore her, she just shouts at me, even when it's quite clear (as in head down, glasses on and holding a pen in my hand) that I am working and don't want to be disturbed.
    Or you could get your teacher to have a word.

    We've already mentioned this (2 other girls were there as well) and nothing was said or done to her about this.

    Another thing, she moans because apparantely I'm greedy because I rarely share text books - which is a bit hard when nearly everything is blurry apart from when I've got it right in front of me. Yet, she never shares.:rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're working it's easy. Just be straight and say "sorry, but unless this is important can you let me get on? I need to get this finished/study for this test/whatever"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just tell her to shut the hell up. Make sure you extend that comment by pointing out WHY shes annoying , maybe then she'll at least leave YOU alone
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She told everyone that I stalked her because once I walked home the same (well, up 2 flights of steps) way as her. :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bitch.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aw, I think she sounds like she's lonely and has no friends and has to be loud to draw any kind of attention to herself at all. I recon she secretly wants to be in your clique and your bestest friend. seriously
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    aw, I think she sounds like she's lonely and has no friends and has to be loud to draw any kind of attention to herself at all. I recon she secretly wants to be in your clique and your bestest friend. seriously

    Interesting. However, I do see what you mean.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    aw, I think she sounds like she's lonely and has no friends and has to be loud to draw any kind of attention to herself at all. I recon she secretly wants to be in your clique and your bestest friend. seriously
    :yes:
Sign In or Register to comment.