Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Reading Festival

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone know when Reading tickets are going on sale?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it's like last year mate I'm thinking probably the beginning of April again!

I can't wait! :hyper:
    Lol I'm just trying to make sure that I've got the dollar for when they come on sale so I can book my ticket straight away, as last year they sold out so quickly. I'm looking forward to it too, I predict a good line up this year aswell.
    yeah usually april, think i'll be going leeds again this year. its so much fun. hopefully a lot of bellends will bugger off to Glastonbury too.
    This year is gonna be top!

I'm going to -

T In The Park
    Reading Festival
    Connect Music Festival
    Indian Summer

:D
    1983 wrote: »
    This year is gonna be top!

I'm going to -

T In The Park
    Reading Festival
    Connect Music Festival
    Indian Summer

:D

Here I coulda sworn I seen you at Reading like. It was the tent for The Kooks (fucking Em :mad: ) and I sorta had a glance at this chick, and she looked well like you. And she sorta stared back with a sort of "I know you too" glance in her eye.

Dunno why I've waited like 7 months to tell you that...
    Here I coulda sworn I seen you at Reading like. It was the tent for The Kooks (fucking Em :mad: ) and I sorta had a glance at this chick, and she looked well like you. And she sorta stared back with a sort of "I know you too" glance in her eye.

Dunno why I've waited like 7 months to tell you that...

Hahahahahha, I was on the outside of The Kooks' tent standing on someone's camping seat mate watching them. I canny mind if I saw you or not. But thanks for waiting 7 months..means a lot. :birthday:
    1983 wrote: »
    Hahahahahha, I was on the outside of The Kooks' tent standing on someone's camping seat mate watching them. I canny mind if I saw you or not. But thanks for waiting 7 months..means a lot. :birthday:

Haha, wisnae you then. Maybe she wanted my ass :o

IT was pure madness in that fucking tent. I've been to shitloads of metal gigs, from the very front of the crowd, to the very back, and I've never seen ANYTHING like that. For The Kooks FFS! Theres was like daughters, ma's and their fucking grannies totally barging into every cunt like a fucking NFL Quarterback trying to get to the front.

It made me hate The Kooks even more.
    Already bought mine :) missed out last year so me and my mate got in and bought ours from the limited number they release immediately after last years festival. Woooooooo! Can't wait
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Already bought mine :) missed out last year so me and my mate got in and bought ours from the limited number they release immediately after last years festival. Woooooooo! Can't wait

should have got em off ebay, there were that many tickets being touted about that you could get them for less than face value, thats what i did.

tempted to do the same this year...
    Yeah I swear they went on sale a while ago... my boyfriend got his a few months ago i think??! Would love to go, if i ever get the money..
    Yeah I swear they went on sale a while ago... my boyfriend got his a few months ago i think??! Would love to go, if i ever get the money..

They did but only a limited amount. I missed out last year aswell, it was a pain in the arse and it's not going to happen this year! Although the ebay idea sounds good.

I'm going to Reading Festival and HARDCORE TIL I DIE IN THE SUN for a week in Spain! Fucking get in.
    What books you taking this year?
    theres always one isnt there. :no:

why did i actually find that funny still :/

hopefully going, @koe doubt the ebay thing will work this year, only happened last year because of glastonbury theres less demand now so ebay tickets will probly still be higher than normal price.
    uhh pardon my asking, but whats the reading festival?

it wouldnt be the obvious "get together and buy new books" right?

*is ashamed of my american lack of knowledge*
    muse- wrote: »
    hopefully going, @koe doubt the ebay thing will work this year, only happened last year because of glastonbury theres less demand now so ebay tickets will probly still be higher than normal price.

hmm doesnt less demand mean that they will be cheaper as less people will want to buy them?
    I want to go - Koe you know you want to come to Reading instead and do a site mini meet!!
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I want to go - Koe you know you want to come to Reading instead and do a site mini meet!!

its a long way away...hmm...

come to leeds.
    Ugghh no Finsbury Park is as far north as I travel!
    oh well. you'll miss out then on the koe and co action :P
    Heyoka wrote: »
    uhh pardon my asking, but whats the reading festival?

it wouldnt be the obvious "get together and buy new books" right?

*is ashamed of my american lack of knowledge*

Its a music festival mate, in a place called Reading.
    Did Reading last year, so I'm looking at Glastonbury this year. I'm down here in the West Country so it would be rude not to. It's just after final exams.
    I refuse to go to glastonbury now you actually have to pay for it rather than climbing over the fence - that was all part of the fun!
    hi

Reading and leeds tickets went on sale like 3 days after last years festival, then they are on sale again in august
    koe_182 wrote: »
    hmm doesnt less demand mean that they will be cheaper as less people will want to buy them?

I meant less demand for normal tickets because of the glastonbury ppl going back, so there will be way less people that missed out looking for ebay tickets... The massive demand for ebay tickets last year pushed the price down (even though it was high at first) because people kept having to undercut the tickets already on there so that theirs would get bought.

Not 100% sure that makes any sense :D
    I'll do my usual - buy a load then flog them on eBay afterwards to people who are too lazy to get off their arses to buy them beforehand at vastly inflated prices.

Cool, hard capitalism.

I made about a grand last year doing that and Uni don't pay for itself.
    awesome!

have you ever tried it on any previous years when glastonbury was on though? Also any idea how many tickets you can buy per "purchase" or wahtever? (the maximum)
    koe_182 wrote: »
    Its a music festival mate, in a place called Reading.

aye! well that works, and now im jealous of all of you :)
    muse- wrote: »
    awesome!

have you ever tried it on any previous years when glastonbury was on though? Also any idea how many tickets you can buy per "purchase" or wahtever? (the maximum)

Genuinely, I normally bought them with an intention of going but circumstances forced me to sell them. This year however, I have no intention of going (unless the line-up contains AC/DC) so will flog away.

Never tried with Glasto tickets. And since this year they're introducing photo tickets, no point in trying to tout.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I refuse to go to glastonbury now you actually have to pay for it rather than climbing over the fence - that was all part of the fun!

Yes cos getting in for free into the only major festival which gives most of it's profits away to charity is the best bit :chin: