Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lunch Breaks

2»

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Is it not 11 hours? We have to have 11 hours minimum rest, unless you operated a duty in excess of 12 hours in which case it's however long the duty was less one hour. But then again it's prolly different for us.

Im sorry darling, I think you have different rules...I is off to the pub, I shall check when I return! :thumb:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Well I have just found something a little bit interesting for you Rach,

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si2004/20040756.htm

It basically means you should have a minimum of 7 days off (but this does include your normal breaks, so they will all be added up) and you have to have a total of 96 days off a year.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's 11 hours and applies to anyone, but lots of people kind of opt out of it. They can't force you to do a late shift and then an early one if they are too close together BUT loads of people do.
    I work 9-5 and get an hour lunch and then two 15 minute breaks throughout the day. I thought that this was standard
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    I work 9-5 and get an hour lunch and then two 15 minute breaks throughout the day. I thought that this was standard

The people I work with who do those hours, only get half an hour lunch break.

When I was talking to one of the people about this, she talked to someone else who thinks that we have a right to 20 minute break in the morning, an hour at lunch and another 20 minute break in the afternoon - which does seem a bit too much, tbh.

All I get is 20 minutes at lunch plus a drink of some sort mid morning.
    What ButtonMoon gets is pretty standard BUT it's a lot more than the legal minimum (if that makes sense).

Why not askTheSite and get an official answer, then we'd all know!

I get at least 10 minutes for every hour I do, but mine's a special case!
    Scary montser - what is it that you do?
    Lifeguarding.

Possibly one of the most boring jobs on the planet at least 50% of the time, hence why we get the breaks.