Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone else get this?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I get the urge to do really stupid things. Like i'm really tempted to jump off my roof, and i get tempted to drive my car into a tree, or drive on the wrong side of the road, or like jump off platforms at train stations.

I don't wanna hurt myself, i just wanna see what it'd be like :hyper:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote: »
    I get the urge to do really stupid things. Like i'm really tempted to jump off my roof, and i get tempted to drive my car into a tree, or drive on the wrong side of the road, or like jump off platforms at train stations.

Worryingly, yeah, I get that. It's some kind of morbid curiosity. Although I have done the car/tree one. It was fun to an extent, which is also worrying! :nervous:
  • Options
    Lmao.

:yes: Oh the excitement :yippe:
  • Options
    i get that all the time.

i always thought i had some sort of mental instability...

maybe its just common?;)
  • Options
    As long as you don't carry it through :nervous:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I get it too. I tend to think of really weird things as well (that I won't mention :p).
  • Options
    I get that too, I thought I was weird. Quite a lot when I'm driving home from work I think 'imagine if my wheel just turned a little bit now and I drove into that wall' or something, I have no idea why either.
  • Options
    i get that so much, i had to ask the bus driver to shut the doors on the bus once coz i was really tempted to jump off he looked at me odd but did it anyway. i also get strange urges to push my cat off the arm of the chair or poke people. my mum said she thought it was part of my ADHD but is others do it to it cant be! yay im normal (ish)
  • Options
    No. You're a mentalist. :nervous:
  • Options
    Yeah whenever a train comes I have the urge to jump under, its weird. I'd never do it, but I ALWAYS think of it
  • Options
    I always think of things like that. What if I was hit by that car or what if I jumped out the window. I used to think of shit like that when I was driving. Quite scary but i doubt I'd ever do it.
  • Options
    Post-Freudian psycho-analysis describes the urge as Thanatos - the death wish, the traditional opposite to Eros - which represents a drive for cohension and unity against the drive for destruction and change of Thanatos.

'After hypothesizing a number of causes (particularly the idea that we repeat traumatic events in order to master them after the fact), Freud considered the existence of a fundamental death drive that would counterbalance the tendency of beings to do only what they find pleasurable. Organisms, according to this idea, were driven to return to a pre-organic, inanimate state but they wished to do so in their own way.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_instinct

Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
  • Options
    Does anyone else get this?
    Yup, quite a bit. I also get urges to throw things, break stuff, hit people..all sorts really. Can't says ive ever acted on it though.. :chin:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I think it's quite common. I certainly get it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I assumed everybody got it, until i met a group of people who didn't and i felt like the outcast in a way haha. I'm sure most people must get it in some way.
  • Options
    :yes: Hardly ever act on it.
  • Options

Yes. When I walk over a bridge I want to chuck myself off, not suicidal but I just get the urge. And when I meet knew people, I often want to punch them even if I like them! Not that I ever do but it's a strange urge!
    I watched a tourettes program and apparently sufferers have the same kind of thoughts and can act them involuntary. It's also linked to OCD!
  • Options
    Touche! The mind is a capricious little monster,isn't it?:nervous:
  • Options
    I get it all the time
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :yes: Hardly ever act on it.
    So sometimes you do? :chin: