Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How unhappy can you be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all,

I know before you say it. I should be happy but im not!

I have started a new job in London and things seem to be improving in my life, job, cash etc. However im still so unhappy.

My jobs isnt great but its not the issue, at the moment i dont think i could be happy if i was nibbiling prozac from jordans breasts. This unhappiness is driving me crazy.:shocking:

This morning on the train (which i was sat on the floor) i was listening to my ipod and i just started crying a little. Thank god nobody could see me, but i just couldnt help it no matter how much i tried to keep it in.

I been trying to think of a way out of this mess but it just seems neve ending.

Anyone else been thru this kind of thing? :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey,

I'd just like to you know that i can relate to what you're going thru, because I'm going thru the same sort of thing at the minute.

I know that this isn't helpful advice or anything, but i thought i'd let you know that you don't have to feel abnormal or anything.

Thinking of you
    x x x
    Tis ok :thumb:

Kind of good to know your not the only one going thru it though.

:D

Sorry, how long have you felt like this ? for me its around 3 years, and im fucking sick of it.
    It must be the season I swear - I've been crying for a couple days now, I'm not really sure why and previous to this I was like it for about 2 years! So I'm scared it's returning. For me, it was depression - I was crying most of the time, was discontent with most aspects of my life merely, felt out of control and out of touch.

How do you feel otherwise? I mean having a new job is quite a big thing really to move onto. Have you moved to London? Do you know anyone there, do you speak to people regularly, do you go out? I felt isolated which only added to me feeling helpless all the time.

It would be worth speaking to your GP as 3 years is a long time to feel like it.

How do you feel otherwise? I mean having a new job is quite a big thing really to move onto. Have you moved to London? Do you know anyone there, do you speak to people regularly, do you go out? I felt isolated which only added to me feeling helpless all the time.

It would be worth speaking to your GP as 3 years is a long time to feel like it.

A new job is a big thing, it should also be making me feel more positive. I like in Berkshire now and live with a housemate from uni. Whos is cool.

But i never feel like meeting people or going out, i just always feel really down. I wouldnt say i was isolated now compared with before.

I know i should be happy, (people say what have you to be unhappy about) but i just am. I try and pretend to be happy or normal now and then but sooner or later your front drops.

Its just the one time in my life i thought i might get some happiness ; Im not! Im stuck in this unhappy world wondering when it will end.

Calvin wrote: »
    Tis ok :thumb:

Kind of good to know your not the only one going thru it though.

Sorry, how long have you felt like this ? for me its around 3 years, and im fucking sick of it.

I felt this way for as long as i can remember, but it is only recently that i've realised i have to do something about it.
    Sorry that your down hun :(

You should move to Bristol :p
    I've been really down as well for the past few months. Just suddenly start weeping on my way home, tried to hold out until i reached my house. :o relationship problems you know ... :(

I don't really know what you can do until you find out what's causing it ... sometimes, strangely enough, the most popular and social people are the lonliest/most depressed. Because you've been having this feeling for over three years, which is a lot imo, maybe you should look more into it and perhaps see a professional. That's about all the help i can give --you're definately not alone, that i can guarantee you. :)
    I know i should be happy, (people say what have you to be unhappy about)

fuck them, whoever said that to you is callous and lacks empathy, stop talking to those kinds of ppl :D
    Hi there, it sounds like things are really hard for you at the moment. It must be really frustrating to feel you should be happy, given that you have a job and enough money, etc, but yet feel so sad. It sounds like you were feeling particularly upset this morning on the train, and understandably finding yourself crying for no particular reason was really difficult for you.

You don't say how long you've been feeling so down for or if you've spoken to anybody about your feelings, perhaps there is a close friend or relative you would feel comfortable confiding in. Once they understand your situation a bit more they might be able to support you through this difficult time.

But this may seem hard and if you'd prefer not to talk to somebody that you know maybe it would be helpful to talk things through with someone at Careline on 0845 122 8622. They may be able to help you work through some of the difficult feelings you're experiencing right now, and help you explore the options of further support.

It's important to know that you don't have to go through this alone, there isn't always a particular reason why we can feel so low and upset, but with the right help and support it is possible to move forward.
    LacyMay wrote: »
    Sorry that your down hun :(

You should move to Bristol :p

Howdy babes :D
    Calvin wrote: »
    I know i should be happy, (people say what have you to be unhappy about) but i just am.
    there will be a reason, even if you cannot obviously see it.
    have you been to your doctor. you could get some antidepressants which might help you a bit.
    muse- wrote: »
    fuck them, whoever said that to you is callous and lacks empathy, stop talking to those kinds of ppl :D
    Not necessarily, sometimes a kick in the pants can help.

But perhaps it is time for the OP to get some deeper analysis going, and work out what the problem really is.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »

as much as people want sympathy.
    'a kick in the pants' can help a lot :yes:
    Fiend_85 wrote: »

But perhaps it is time for the OP to get some deeper analysis going, and work out what the problem really is.

That isn't a kick in the pants that's a complete dismassal that anything is wrong, thats gonna make him feel even more fucked up than he already does!

If they could at least empathise thats hes not feeling great then they might be a bit of help... It also totally depends on the person, sometimes people will take it the right way and really push themselves to feel better, but sometimes getting a kick while you're down can make things a lot worse.
    oh my god that weird i thought it was just me feeling like that, i know it sounds horrible but im kinda glad im not the only one..
    one day i feel fine and then all of a sudden my mood changes and i feel like shit[ which can last for a few days and makes me not wanna do anything].. its driving me mad because i used to be a happy person and this has happened all of a sudden i feel like crying all the time and dont no how to make it go away..
    cari wrote: »
    i used to be a happy person and this has happened all of a sudden i feel like crying all the time and dont no how to make it go away..

get yourself down to a doctor and get yourself some happy pills.