Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Formatting a Windows Mobile Device?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I've got Windows Mobile on my phone, I've now got 6,700 messages stored in my inbox alone and it needs a good clean out, but it takes so looooong to delete each message (1-2 seconds per message ish). How do you format the whole device, when you've pulled everything you want off it? Preferably returning it to factory set up or so....

It's an O2 firmware if that makes any difference... (and it's got a hardware problem :p the screen dies from time to time, but just turn it off and on again and it fixes itself).

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the device. On mine(C550), I think you power-on with the camera button held...

ETA - I have to hold down both softkeys, then power on. It'll confirm that I want to wipe everything.
  • Options
    WOAH, HOLD YOUR HORSES. no need for overkill.

get a program called SMS tools, its free. lets you delete all messages at once and manage your files.

you'll get it at www.coolsmartphone.co.uk or www.modaco.com

those 2 sites are all you need for windows mobile software and stuff.

i miss having a smartphone :(
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    WOAH, HOLD YOUR HORSES. no need for overkill.

get a program called SMS tools, its free. lets you delete all messages at once and manage your files.

you'll get it at www.coolsmartphone.co.uk or www.modaco.com

those 2 sites are all you need for windows mobile software and stuff.

i miss having a smartphone :(

I want to clear the memory completely as I've fux0red the registry a bit too :D

(installed programs, formatted windows, tried to use activesync to get rid of programs but they no longer showed up as installed, so instead I deleted the programs, and then the directories, and then the shortcuts, but now it complains at me sometimes :p)
  • Options
    which phone is it? and you'll be able to do a hard reset as click to see boobies said
  • Options
    O2 XDA Mini S...

Activesync is shit, because it automatically creates a profile, and then you can't delete that profile, so you have 'Windows Mobile Device _ 3' :grump:

Also, what's up with USB slots? If I install something on one USB hub, it doesn't work on any others. Need more USB slots :(
  • Options
    Thought this phone was supposed to be a smart phone? :P PFF.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Have a look here for some suggestions for your phone.