Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this what you thought it would be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had some time to think today, and i got to wondering..

is yourlife what you dreamed? back when we were small children, weve all wondered where we'd be in years to come. are you the person who you used to be? thught youd become? do you hang out with the group of people you thought youd be friends with? tell us, compare your dreams to your reality.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hell no. As a kid I imagined myself sitting in a cafe with several friends of both sexes, one of which would be my girlfriend, laughing, and then going off to have an adventure like exploring a dark cave on our own or getting lost in the streets when it rains and have to walk home for hours.
    Nothing close to the above -although it still is something I'd like to have.
  • Options
    Farrrr from it. I wanted to get loads of qualifications be a vet.. maybe live in America, get married, have a big family..

Now I've dropped out of school and do too many drugs at the weekends.

I'm probably having a lot more fun with this life though :D
  • Options
    Farrrr from it. I wanted to get loads of qualifications be a vet.. maybe live in America, get married, have a big family..

Now I've dropped out of school and do too many drugs at the weekends.

I'm probably having a lot more fun with this life though :D

LOL That's the same for me!!!! :yippe:
  • Options
    Fuck knows, I struggle to remember last year let alone my childhood dreams.

Fuck them anyway, I make up new dreams if I fail my old ones :D
  • Options
    Of course not! I doubt you will find anyone who says their life has turned out exactly as they imagined.
    When i was younger i assumed I'd be a millionaire by 23 and flying around the world in a private jet surrounded by supermodels.
    Theres still time.... :D
  • Options
    ah, mines rather diffrent too.

my lifes a whole lot louder than i thought. so much things are going on at once, i thought my parents would stay together, and i thought some of my friends would never leave. but at the same time, i never imagined id have this many friends, or have the kind of friends i do.

i still have big dreams that i hope the rest of my life can carry out though.
  • Options
    I can't really say I'm old enough to know how great my life is, but as I get older, I get more afraid :S
  • Options
    I never really had any dreams to get quashed
  • Options
    I never really had any dreams to get quashed

:yes: Same here
  • Options
    When I was seven and my mates were on about being policemen or football players, I remember thinking to myself "Fuck no, that's not for me. I want to be sat in an office bored shitless, sending emails and letters to stupid customers who can't read their Terms and Conditions and threatening to complain to Ofcom and Watchdog, and spending most of the day sending cheeky emails to work mates and pissing about on the internet"

Seriously though, I've always lived my life for the moment so I've no idea where I'll be this time next year or anything. I've been away from home since I was 17 and especially these last couple of years I've thought the worlds my oyster.

I'm most happy that I'm around people who I think sort of accept me for the person I am and who I really adore and appreciate, cause I never thought I'd get that when I was 15/16.
  • Options
    well when i was little i thought i'd be married by 24 and having kids by 26. no fuckin way am i ready for that!!
    didn't think i'd be doing drugs
    thought i'd have a successful career. although i've only just finished uni so theres plenty of time for that

i think everything is how i thought it would turn out to be except i am about.. 5 years behind
  • Options
    When I was a little kid, I lived in a big bubble. I always wanted to be an actor or singer :lol: I then wanted to be a nurse. I was always changing my mind. Like Lipsy, I thought I'd be married about 25 with kids shortly afterwards.

Considering I'm not in a relationship right now, I doubt I'll be married in 4 years time and I doubt I'll have kids shortly afterwards when I do! I'm most certainly not a singer or actor or a nurse! HA. I'm studying Law at University!!!!!!! If I was to think back to how I thought as a teenager, I would never have imagined myself to be doing as well as I have done.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Not at all. Never thought i'd be at uni never mind everything else.
  • Options
    No, I never thought my life would turn out like this :no: