Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sinus infection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is a sinus infection the kind of thing you need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics for or do they just clear up on their own.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd guess that like any infection, some can clear up some can become very serious. The last time I had a sinus infection it started to affect my hearing and was causing a lot of pain - so in the end I got some antibiotics that cleared it up wonderfully. Like anything, if it's something that is bothering you, it's always best to see a doctor.
    Proper infection needs doctor, blocked and stuffed up needs plenty of steam, hot drinks, decongestants and if that doesn't start to help then doctor.
    edit: Grrr, I just had 3 more people confirm you scary monster that I need to go in :grump: Boo I was really hoping I could just blow it all out :p

Though maybe its the benadryl or just the stuffiness but I get tipsy after so little, maybe I could keep this for a bit longer :p I can be a cheap date to myself.
    I get them every year. They are not something that clear up on their own. I have tried every med there is.....you have to go to doc. If there is extreme pressure at the top of your nose and pain in your head that is what it is. go see a doc and it will clear up in no time. If you try to doctor it yourself things could only get worse. Trust me.:banghead:
    Oh screw it all. After a week of pain I wake up this morning, the day of my appointment, feeling grand. I can breathe thru one side (I can never breathe thru both at the same time) theres no pressure, no pain, no boogies. But its too late to cancel the appointment. What a load of crap. If all I had to do was make an appointment I should have done it days ago. So she gives me some nose spray and a prescription for a z-pak just in case it comes back in the next couple days. Hypocondriac on the loose. She shouldn't be incouraging my behaviour.