Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problem with windows sartup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

I was wondering if anyone had the answer to my little problem:

When windows loads I get my desktop background then after around 10 minutes the Icons and Start menu will appear...I thought this could be due to a lot of programmes loading during start-up...but looking in the system configuration there isn't...so I looked at my task manager and this is what is running:

374641150_dd2ae901fc.jpg?v=0

I've ran anti-virus and spy ware Etc and everything is fine...but it's not....the Purple things are ones I'm not too sure about (whether they are associated with AVG Anti-virus).

Anyone got any ideas as to what all those highlighted things are? And why one of them appears several times...??

Thanks!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    avgemc.exe is avg email scanner
    avgupsvc.exe is avg updater
    avgamavc.exe is some other part of avg

google eh!

somethings hoggin up the resources tho.. try killin stuff off to find out what it is?

and get procexp, built in windows task manager is shite
  • Options
    The sv stuff is general stuff, when was the last time you formatted?
  • Options
    Start > Run > 'msconfig'

Set it to diagnostic startup, it should start alot quicker, make sure things haven't reselected themselves in the startup/services lists (This is a sign of spyware)

How much ram do you have? If you've only 256 you'll definately benefit from upping it to 512.