Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Vodka Melon Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone,

I am making a vodka watermelon for my hen night on Friday... I have the melon, a bottle of vodka and a funnel...

I have looked at various recipes online but none of them mention the fact that as soon as you add extra liquid to the melon, it displaces liquid within the melon (which is obvious when you think about it!)

Eventually after adding about three fingers worth of vodka, having a load of liquid come out, then draining that off and putting it back into the funnel and repeating this about half a dozen times, the liquid run off tastes more melony than vodka'y'... it just seem insane that i have to follow this process with up to a litre of vodka?! I thought you stuck the funnel in the top, added the vodka each day and left it to absorb into the melon...

So, has anyone done it? Anyone got any advice? Heeelppp!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there are 2 ways from what i understand, when you have made the hole, poke around inside it so it makes a little caverty for the vodka to sit in while it soaks in.

the other way is make the hole same size as the vodka bottle so there is a tight fit, leave it sat with the bottle stuck in the hole so it slowly empties out, leave it like that for a few days, turning regularly and bang, should be fine.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks! I have taken your advice and made the cavity a little bigger, I have also realised that i was putting too much vodka in so have reduced the amount I put in so it doesn't leak down the side!

Vodka jelly shots are also setting in the fridge :D