Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

university offers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
two of my choices haven't relpied whether they want me or not yet :( All my friends have all six of their unis either give them conditionals or unsuccessfuls. Is it unusual to still have two not replied yet? I sent my application off back at the start of Novemeber. And, as is sod's law, they're my first and second choice :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I might be wrong, but wouldn't this depend on how other many people have applied to the same unis as you?
    Don't worry, when I was applying to uni I didn't hear from Bristol (one of my first choices) until April and it was a yes! You've got plenty of time yet :)
    Don't worry about it, some people don't even send their applications off until like April (even though it is past the 'deadline') and still get offers. I only sent my application off like 2 weeks ago and I just got a leaflet from my first choice saying they've recieved it and they will let me know shortly. Fuck knows about my other choices.
    I haven't heard from my first choice either, or 3 others. Don't stress :).
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, some people don't even send their applications off until like April (even though it is past the 'deadline') and still get offers. I only sent my application off like 2 weeks ago and I just got a leaflet from my first choice saying they've recieved it and they will let me know shortly. Fuck knows about my other choices.

some courses get longer to apply. Usually art courses and courses similar. i didnt apply until april. its because when you go to an interview they usually like to see a portfolio of work and the first deadline doesnt give enough time to get a strong one together. although some people still choose to apply through route A (the first deadline) or some people choose to split it.
    Different subjects and different uni's take different amounts of time to reply, and even the same course at the same uni will take differing times, for no apparent reason what so ever.

My brothers applied for almost the same courses as me, I had 6 replies by December. He's had 4 and not heard from the other two.

Chill, the deadlines not for ages, concentrate on working for those grades!