Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trainers in Half Sizes?

Does anyone know where I can get trainers in a size 4.5 please? Currently, mine are a 5 but are too big and have to be done up extremely tight. They also give me blisters. The size 4 is a little too small for me so I obviously can't wear them.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get one right footed size four trainer and one right footed size 5 trainer. Chop both trainers in half. Tape the toe end of the size 4 to the heel end of the size 5. You now have one right footed size 4.5 trainer.

Proceed to repeat the above steps for the left foot...
  • Options
    Get one right footed size four trainer and one right footed size 5 trainer. Chop both trainers in half. Tape the toe end of the size 4 to the heel end of the size 5. You now have one right footed size 4.5 trainer.

Proceed to repeat the above steps for the left foot...

:p
  • Options
    A pair of insoles should help.
  • Options
    Buy kids size as your feet are so small, with a bit of looking you should easily find a pair of 4.5's. A lot cheaper as well.
  • Options
    i have this problem too. my feet are a six and a half.

I just have to try different brands in the hope that some will be sized differently or else i buy a 7.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get trainers in a size 4.5 please? Currently, mine are a 5 but are too big and have to be done up extremely tight. They also give me blisters. The size 4 is a little too small for me so I obviously can't wear them.

How annoying is that, I have the same problem..

Size 5 I feel like Daffy duck and trip over them often, size 4 my feet feel none existent, except for the pain of the trainers rubbing! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wildchild wrote: »
    A pair of insoles should help.

Do I just buy these from any shoe shop?
    I just have to try different brands in the hope that some will be sized differently or else i buy a 7.

I've had to do this as well.

The annoying/weird thing I've found is that I can somehow get my feet into a size 4 shoe, which are too big for me but I need at least a size 4.5 for trainers. Actually, I think there's a make (Addidas I think) where I do need a 5 and they do actually fit with no problems but with other makes, I only need a 4 or a 4.5.
  • Options
    Do I just buy these from any shoe shop?

:yes: Most shoe shops sell them but if you can't find any, Clarks definitely do.
  • Options
    Is it possible for thick socks (as in walking or sports socks) to stretch trainers? I only ask because my mun is sure this is what's happened to me - yet they've always been a bit too big for me and I've always had to do them up tight. However, I've only just started getting blisters from them...
  • Options
    The annoying/weird thing I've found is that I can somehow get my feet into a size 4 shoe, which are too big for me but I need at least a size 4.5 for trainers. Actually, I think there's a make (Addidas I think) where I do need a 5 and they do actually fit with no problems but with other makes, I only need a 4 or a 4.5.

You are supposed to wear a bigger size in trainers than shoes, especially if you use them for exercise, as your feel swell when you're working out.

I'm a 3/3.5 in shoes, but never wear less than a 4 in trainers. Roomy is better than tight, and if they are well made they shouldn't give you blisters just from being half a size too big.

Also, if Adidas fit with no problems, just buy Adidas?