Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

working out a healthy weight.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Becauses they have targets etc and asking you to come in for weigh ins helps them check up on how you're doing. You should be getting at least 30 mins of proper exercise 5x a week, so swimmings a good start, but you've got to swim hard and get yourself out of bed, not just drift around.
  • Options
    TammyGTammyG Posts: 15 Settling in
    I can completely relate to this situation. According to some 'experts', I am about half a stone overweight, but I don't look it, I eat a healthy, careful diet and exercise regularly, and walk a lot too.
    I think that so long as you honestly take care of yourself and do a good amount of exercise (at least half an hour three times a week), then you're doing the best you can!
    I find that those charts with recommended weights for your height can be really misleading as everyone's body shape, muscle:fat ratio and general make-up is so different!
    Try to stick to a balanced diet, take small steps to motivate yourself to exercise, and if you're still unsure as to whether you're being healthy, contact your GP. :)