Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shaving legs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

For the past few months i have the most itchy legs ever after shaving. Its often the day after so im assuming its because of the regrowth. I have tried using sensitive shaving foam and using different moisturisers to cool it down but each time my legs drive me insane with itching the next day. Can anyone recommend a product or anything for that matter to stop it?

Its strange because i have shaved my legs for years and its been fine, its only been for a few months that is been occuring.

thanks alot
l xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Urm aquais (sp?) cream is it...my mum has a big tub of the stuff. It is white cream and she uses it for her exema (sp?). Might just help ease the itch, otherwise E45 itch relief cream.

Don't have any ideas on how to stop it happening altogether but the above two should ease it.
    Yeah Aqueous is great for that I use it after I shave and it relieves the itch it's quite cheap too around £2 for a 500g tub.
    Are you sure it's not something in shaving foam you're allerigc to?
    my legs get really itchy and irritating if i sit by the fire not long after. perhaps its just a heat-rash thing?
    do you moisturise after shaving?
    i tend to moisturise but doesnt help. Shall try the aquaous (no idea how to spell that). its just really irrtiating cos i hate not shaving but then dread shaving cos i know il be driven insane the next day by the itching. Mite give up shaving, see how the bf likes it lol, sure he wud be impressed.
    thanks alot x
    I would suggest trying waxing out, no itching to contend with and lasts longer!
    is your razor a top qulaity one and fairly new?
    I have to use one of the expensove blades because cheaper ones or disposable razors tend to make me itch.
    I can also only reuse the blade a few times.
    I find that moisturising makes me itch more if done too soon after shaving too.
    it could be that the hair is getting thicker and therefore causing more irritation, mine was like that so i started waxing...which helped a lot...or if you can save up and get laser hair removal, it's really good if your a good candidate (ie light skin dark hair)...ive done one session of the laser and its less than half of what i used to have.