Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

alcohol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'v noticed that when i'v bin out with my friends drinking etc. i never have much of an appetite for about a day afterwards. (not because im hungover tho). So i was wondering, can alcohol act as an appetite supressant?

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.

Comments

• Options
    im exactly the same, i never get hangovers eva, but i never eat the day after- just not hungry.
    mayb its cause weve buggared r systems up and they dont know wot 2 b wanting!
  • Options
    same here. only had a hangover once. And that time i'd drunk so much i was trowing up and falling over outside a club. nothing i'm proud of...
  • Options

I don't get hangovered, but I think it can surpress the apetite.

I know that alchohol is a depressant, not a stimulant which gets you hyped up and burns off energy (which will make you hungry).

Another thing I know is that it has a lot of calories in; I think a Breezer's got about 244 calories in and a shot of Baily's got 180 calories.

Maybe it surpresses the activity of the gastric juices inside you, which could be why drinking on an empty stomach can make you ill.