Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Face Powder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend a good pressed powder (nothing too extortionate but nothing cheap either!) and give some tips on how it should be used?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just use the Maybelline Matte one, and that works fine on me. Your really meant to put it over sort of like forehead, nose, cheeks and chin i think. I'm sure Ilora will be here soon to tell you :p
    I personally use Poudre Universelle Loose powder by Chanel (£22.50) for the main application and the Pressed version (also £22.50) for my handbag for touchups etc. Boots/Chanel website

To apply, put as much powder onto the puff as possible, then grab the sides of the puff so it's in half (powder facing outwards) and roll the powder into the skin. Apply to the whole face incl eyelids.

Always roll onto the skin, don't rub it in or press it on, but roll it. Use as much as you can, the more powder you apply, the longer your makeup'll last.

Always dust your face after applying powder or it'll sit in the tiny hairs and creases. Dust in all different directions.
    i have something called multitask wet/dry foundation. it's power but you can use it as foundation too. it comes with a sponge to apply it more like foundation or you can just as easily use a brush to apply it like you would a normal powder. it's by prestige cosmetics - sold at boots.
    Bourjois' Matte powder works well for me, and if I remember rightly it was about £6/7. It lasts all day, doesn't look dry or patchy, give it a go! And I think Boots has an offer on Bourjois at the moment too.

Do you have any opinions/suggestions of putting powder on with a brush as opposed to the puff?
    I've never used a brush to put on powder and I've not been taught to at college. We've always put powder on with a puff, and then dusted off the excess with a powder brush.... I'm not quite sure how it works with a brush tbh. I imagine you'd waste a lot of powder as it falls off the brush when you apply it?