Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dr martins on the cheap...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i really need a good pair of books that look ok, that i can walk around in so that means they have to be Dr martins or similar, but i currently i don't have much money. does anyone know of anywhere that does them for a reasonable amount (£50ish and not much more)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eBay?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Are they for work?
    Weekender Offender 
    Sofie wrote: »
    eBay?

:yes: I've bought a couple of pairs of DMs from ebay for well under £40 including P&P.
    Have you tried either millets or some kind of builders merchant - both i'm sure would have cheap DM style boots - I bought some outdoor boots from a farmers shop the other day - for wearing around my friends farm and for when we do camp/bonfires at home and for country walks and stuff and they were only £19 - plus because they have steel toe caps i didn't have to pay VAT on them as they were classed as safety wear.

However London is not exactly teaming with Mole Valley Farmers outlets so i'm not entirely sure which direction to point you in - MACRO or SELCO i'm guessing....
    Sofie wrote: »
    eBay?
    I got mine off eBay. there's a shop near my church in Camden but it's probably not cheap.
    Is there a big market near you? Often they have DMs.

I've got some really nice black chunky boots - steel toe caps - which I got free when I did some agency work in a factory. Desperate measures and all that. Sign up, get your free boots, leave.
    there not for work, i just like DMs i kinda wanted "nice" onces...i got some cheap boots as a stop gap, but i will have to buy some good ones in the autumn
    What about walking boots? I think they're cheaper than DMs - well, mine were nayway.
    Have you tried your local army and navy store?
    Have you taken a wander around Camden recently? Might be worth a look...
    satehen wrote: »
    Have you tried your local army and navy store?

:yes: