Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mad cat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My cat keeps sitting so close to the fire that she burns her fur off. A couple of months ago she did that and didn't even notice and had a bald patch for ages. And just now, she was right up against the heater and smoke was coming from her fur! I'm worried she is going to hurt herself. She's 18.

I know it's cold but it's not worth burning yourself for!

That's her in the pic.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just read your other thread about the guy you're seeing. At least he can have some 'hot pussy' if you're not ready for sex yet :D
    Get a fire guard!!

My Yorkie used to stand right next to the fire, and her tail would set alight and she wouldn't even notice. Very Funny :lol:
    ]
    My Yorkie used to stand right next to the fire, and her tail would set alight and she wouldn't even notice. Very Funny :lol:

:confused:
    My grandparents had an ancient Irish Setter when my dad was a teenager, he set his tail alight by standing too close to the fire and didn't notice until he sat down!
    We used to have a dog who did this as well. He managed to burn his tail one time, didn't lose any fur but it turned black.
    Get a fire guard as someone else said, if shes that old she might be going a bit senile and not realise that shes burning. Ours used to lie right by the fire when she was little.
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    She's 18.

She's 18?!! shit
    She's 18?!! shit

Mines 18 as well. Cats, espically tabbies can live a very long time. My cousin had our cats half sister and she lived to 19.
    my nans cat lived to 19, then she got attacked by a dog and was too old and weak to do anything :(
    My cat lived to 18 as well. Up until a couple of months before he died he was as right as rain, jumped and ran and everything. Bastard of an appetite too :lol:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've heard of a cat that lived as much as 36.