Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hairdryer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My hairdryer blew up yesterday. I can't complain as it was an 18th birthday present so had lasted nearly 7 years of heavy use. I need a new one urgently (especially in this weather), any recommendations? I tend to blow dry my hair straight rather than straighten it...there are so many kinds around now I'm confused. :nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    toni & guy palm one....takes a LOT of getting used to but when i use it with the thin nozzle, i very rarely need to use straightners
    I got a fab one from Asda, a Revlon one...the wire with the plug is retractable! It was 20quid, with them ionic shiney cell thibngs they blow on your hair...it's brill!
    i have a remington 'hair envy' one from argos, it looks like a cross between a space ship and a weird looking sex toy.

it's does the job nicely! have a look on the argos website for a thingy about it. :)
    i have a remington 'hair envy' one from argos, it looks like a cross between a space ship and a weird looking sex toy.

it's does the job nicely! have a look on the argos website for a thingy about it. :)

I have that, (well my boyfriend does i don't like blow drying :p) haha. It's 15 quid at the minute aswell even though it says £20 in the catalouge and you get a free brush, it's not bad lots of speed/heat settings to suit.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I have a Tresemme one. It is fine. It has a rather odd and pointless blue light on it, but apart from that it is fab :)

RIP to your poor hairdryer!
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    I have that, (well my boyfriend does i don't like blow drying :p) haha. It's 15 quid at the minute aswell even though it says £20 in the catalouge and you get a free brush, it's not bad lots of speed/heat settings to suit.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4424723.htm if you're interested.

i'm sure i paid more than that for it!
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I have a Tresemme one. It is fine. It has a rather odd and pointless blue light on it, but apart from that it is fab :)

RIP to your poor hairdryer!

Me too! I love my hairdryer, it makes my hair look FIT. Well, fitter than my old tatty hairdryer! :D
    1983 wrote: »
    I got a fab one from Asda, a Revlon one...the wire with the plug is retractable! It was 20quid, with them ionic shiney cell thibngs they blow on your hair...it's brill!

I've got that one, think it was from argos though. I really like it it seems to make my hair straighter than my other old rubbishy one did.

And i like it when you press the button and the wire shoots up back into the handle, but thats just cos its me.
    I've got that one, think it was from argos though. I really like it it seems to make my hair straighter than my other old rubbishy one did.

And i like it when you press the button and the wire shoots up back into the handle, but thats just cos its me.

I know! I love this hair dryer, it makes my hair feel so soft and lovely!