Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your dream car?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What was your dream car when you were a kid? What did you imagine yourself driving by now?

Mine had to be the XJ220

XJ220.jpg

Can't believe I don't own one yet. :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i used to love that car.

My boss now drives my dream car the bastard. a gunmetal grey Porsche911 Carrera 4S.

i want it so bad :(

it'll be mine one day.
    What was your dream car when you were a kid? What did you imagine yourself driving by now?

The dream car was this... but to be honest I can't imagine being able to own one until after the kids leave home... or I win the lottery...

4133164547.jpg
    oh, I do love cars!!! DB9, Koenigsegg CCX, SSC - Ultimate Aero.

bugatti.veyron.340.jpg

Bugatti Veyron - I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
    Ferrari F328. Still is my dream car!!
    f328_001.jpg
    Given I live in London a car which drives itself, protects me from all the other drivers and can always find a space would be my dream car.
    budda wrote: »
    Given I live in London a car which drives itself, protects me from all the other drivers and can always find a space would be my dream car.

herbie.jpg

How's that?
    Perfect, not only will it drive itself, but I bound to have whacky adventures.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A Countach.
    1985-Lamborghini-Countach-White-Front-Angle-Open-Doors-st.jpg

I'd still definatley own one, they are ace.

I want a '77 Trans Am now. Failing that, a '70 Hemi Cuda.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    A Countach.
    That's actually what inspired this thread. It was one of them on Top Gear a while ago that said that driving your childhood dream car is like meeting your childhood hero and realising that they're not quite as great as you thought they would be.
    The dream car was this... but to be honest I can't imagine being able to own one until after the kids leave home... or I win the lottery...

4133164547.jpg

The Dodge Viper was my dream car as a kid too. I had a poster of it in my bedroom and everything.

These days I'd probably prefer a Ferrari Enzo or a Pagani Zonda.
    Esprit Sport 300
    Esprit Sport 300
    and...
    993 Turbo 4
    993 Turbo 4
    and...
    Lotus Carlton

When the time came, and I was in a position to buy an Esprit or Carlton, I chose not to. Lack of usefulness, expensive spares(gearbox casing/bellhousing on a Lotus Carlton... ouch!) and ridiculous insurance quotes meant I ended up with a modified Impreza instead.

Funny how our desires change. I always wanted an original 1992/3 Fireblade, yet ended up with a 1990 VFR-750FL.
    I wanted this when I saw them put it round the Top Gear test track.

prodrive_p2_show_1.jpg

Then they said they're not going to make it. Fast as fuck it was too.
    There are a few. I'd really like to drive the Aston Martin DB9 and/or Vanquish.
    I really like to sit behind the wheel of an Laborghini Murcielago as well.

There are a few favourites, however.
    When I was a kid?

A dumper truck, obviously.
    sod all these rear wheel drive super charged 2 seaters.

id be more than happy with an Imprezza or an Evo VII.
    I don't dream about cars, thanks :p
    If I had few million, I would have the Aston Martin Vantage:

aston_vantage.jpg

Real classic English muscle.

Or, If I had to pick something that I might actually have a chance of owning one day, I would pick this:

2006.subaru.impreza.wrx.sti.jpg

The Subaru Impreza. Except I would have the old shape, because the new one's are uglier than Martin Clunes, and I would have to hunt down one of the very rare 3 door ones...

Or, If I had to pick something that I might actually have a chance of owning one day, I would pick this:

2006.subaru.impreza.wrx.sti.jpg

The Subaru Impreza. Except I would have the old shape, because the new one's are uglier than Martin Clunes, and I would have to hunt down one of the very rare 3 door ones...

Eww blue Imprezas with gold alloys = :yuck: The only people impressed by those are 13 year old girls :p

I quite like Skylines (R34 type), or the newer one. Or an Evo VIII.
    Only fools buy things to impress others. Nowt up with the Scoob, it's damned good value for money and goes like the clappers :). Regardless of wheel colour...
    Only fools buy things to impress others. Nowt up with the Scoob, it's damned good value for money and goes like the clappers :). Regardless of wheel colour...

You'd still look a state. Who wants to drive a car that looks like a state? I like them but blue and gold is hideous.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    LacyMay wrote: »
    Eww blue Imprezas with gold alloys = :yuck: The only people impressed by those are 13 year old girls :p

I quite like Skylines (R34 type), or the newer one. Or an Evo VIII.

I'd go for the Evo or Skyline over an Impreza. Lovely cars and i'd be tempted to get one, but i dont think its worth the money to keep them running
    smitherz wrote: »
    I'd go for the Evo or Skyline over an Impreza. Lovely cars and i'd be tempted to get one, but i dont think its worth the money to keep them running

Tell you what then, you buy me one and i'll let you drive it :p
    I hate those small-dicked cunts who drive around in blue imprezas with altered exhausts, tacky stickers and padded seat-belts thinking that they're Colin McCrae. I always make a point of pointing and laughing.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Oh, yeah, and this, but the chances of owning one are slim.
    dodge_charger_daytona_1969_01_m.jpg
    Very, very, slim.
    Teh_Gerbil - That things enough to give me nightmares, and it looks like a fish.
    Addict wrote: »
    I hate those small-dicked cunts who drive around in blue imprezas with altered exhausts, tacky stickers and padded seat-belts thinking that they're Colin McCrae. I always make a point of pointing and laughing.

oh yeah like you have a better car do you?! when ive got a few bob i might get one. probably not in blue though. silver or something. everyone has them in blue.

if i went for an old school one, the shelby gt500 would be nice...
    image001.jpg
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    As kid it was the Countash.
    When I was a bit older it was the Esprit.

Nowadys I don't want a super car or even a suped up saloon such as the Evo, Scooby or Skyline (cars I also used wanted).

A Porsche Carrera or an Audi RS4 woudl do me.
    Weekender Offender 
    drumbeat wrote: »
    oh yeah like you have a better car do you?! when ive got a few bob i might get one. probably not in blue though. silver or something. everyone has them in blue.

I don't mind Imprezzas, I just don't like the sad bastards who kit them out to look like they're performing in WRC, then drive up through town thinking they're the dog's bollocks, getting attention from all the wee 13 year old car-hopping girls.
    Addict wrote: »
    I don't mind Imprezzas, I just don't like the sad bastards who kit them out to look like they're performing in WRC, then drive up through town thinking they're the dog's bollocks, getting attention from all the wee 13 year old car-hopping girls.

Lol my mate wrecked his scooby doing that. Had it a day and chucked it into a wall at 80mph going over a bridge. So funny.
    vw_6601.JPG

I would give anything for a bug like this.