Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Social Services "taking kids off parents to meet targets"

Story.

A national scandal, and the social services people responsible should all spend the rest of their natural lives in prison. Words cannot describe how angry this makes me, except to say that I hope the fuckers all get cancer and die painfully.

In does tie in nicely with the other thread though- this is how much the Government cares about the parents and the children of this country. This is what we are actually worth to them. I think it shows just what a fantastic State we have in this country, and just how important it is to have independent bodies (such as the Church) who are prepared to stand up to them.

Auschwitz here we come!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    One bloke says so, so it must be true.
  • Options
    If its true its a disgrace. More likely that social services departments are coming down in 50:50 cases on taking the children into care, when previously they have kept the children with parents and provided more support and monitoring.
  • Options
    slightly off topic here, but why is it that a council is given the same amount of money for their children in care, with no regard to the number of children in care, in that locality. city of london for example, has only 4 children in care, where as newham has 600+. children have to beg to get simple things that most families can provide for, like clothing allowance (which is depending on age is anything from £100 twice a year to £150) things it's crazy!
  • Options
    slightly off topic here, but why is it that a council is given the same amount of money for their children in care, with no regard to the number of children in care, in that locality. city of london for example, has only 4 children in care, where as newham has 600+. children have to beg to get simple things that most families can provide for, like clothing allowance (which is depending on age is anything from £100 twice a year to £150) things it's crazy!

Its not.

http://www.local.odpm.gov.uk/finance/0607/pss1meth067.pdf

The local authority all get the same basic amount for each child (more children more money)

Then there's extra for deprived areas, an adjustment based to help cover differing costs of foster care, then a figure based on the general relative costs of the area and then a reduction for those LAs who got an increase of over 2.71% so as to be able to ensure the money falls within budget.