Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Seeds, nuts 'n stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mmmm I loves seeds and nuts (not boy nuts you PERVE) :yum:

Anyways I was wondering... Winter squash is in season and it has a shitload of seeds in... Can you eat these? How do you prepare them? Are they nice?

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yes, you can eat them but they're not very nice I'm afraid - very bitter.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Even if you lay them out on a baking tray and toast them? Butternut squash seeds are lush done that way...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm, don't mind my asking, but what is winter squash??

And I do agree, seeds and nuts are lovely, even better when mixed with raisins..!
    I love seeds too ... but be careful, many have a high (good type) fat content! So consider the calories. ;)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LadyJade wrote: »
    Even if you lay them out on a baking tray and toast them? Butternut squash seeds are lush done that way...

ooh, I'm not sure - might be worth a try :)
    Hmm, don't mind my asking, but what is winter squash??

And I do agree, seeds and nuts are lovely, even better when mixed with raisins..!

Winter squash is the same family as the butternut squash and the pumpkin. It comes in all shapes and sizes and tastes wonderfl cooked with thyme.

Ladyjade, how long do I bake them for?
    Pumpkin seeds :heart:
    I've not tried it with butternut squash ones but I might now, because butternut squash is lovely anyway.