Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hair cuts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how often are you supposed to get a hair cut? I'd like to keep mine the length it is, or maybe let it grow a little bit, so how long do you reckon I should leave it in between cuts? Some of my friends say as little as 4 weeks! Whereas others say 3 months is ok, so i'm slightly confusled :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My hair stylist insists I come back every 6 weeks...:chin:
    Between 4 and 6 months for me.
    Between 4 and 6 months for me.

Thats about it for me too. I only get my hair cut when I visit my parents because of the huge outrageous ridecelous price of haircuts where they live and where I do.

My m om gets hers cut and colored about once a month I think though...
    i get my hair cut every 6 weeks. a few months ago i decided i wanted to grow my hair and so i just get a little trim. my hair grows so fast!
    depends if youre trying to maintain a style or dont mind it being longer in between visits.
    I used to leave it probably a few months inbetween cuts, but now ive had my hair cut short, i have to go back probably every 4 or 5 weeks if i want to keep it in the same style as you notice it more.
    Plus my hair seems to grow quite fast.

Different people though. My mum gets hers done every week.
    I get my hair cut every 6 weeks.
    The rule of thumb hairstylists give is 6 weeks. I reckon that's so they keep in business, though! I mean, everyone is different, some people's hair grows more quickly than others', and like SCC says a short style needs cutting more often that a long style because extra growth is more noticeable. I probably go every 2 1/2 to 3 months on average. My hair grows slowly but the ends get all split and manky if I leave it too long, so I go in for a trim even though I just want to keep it more or less the same length.
    I go a few times a year, but I have long hair which I am growing. If you have a fringe or complicated layers go more.
    I've not had mine cut since March last year. My split ends are hoooooooooooooorrible. Getting it cut tomorrow!

I think I'm going to lose a good few inches and go for a really heavy side fringe.
    I haven't had mine cut for about 4 or 5 months but I'm getting it done tomorrow. I don't really notice it growing cos it breaks alot as I have bleach highlights and I probably don't look after it as much as I should.
    Have no idea what cut to get tomorrow though! Bloody hate getting my hair cut!
    I don't get mine cut for months to be honest! bad really i know, my ends are all a bit tired-looking.. but I still want to keep the length, and my hair doesn't really grow that fast. It's layered, but simple, and quite long. Hair dressers are expensive too!