You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Play boy merchandise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
I received a lovely playboy watch for my birthday and it got me thinking... The playboy logo is basically brand advertising for the porno magazine. As a bisexual woman i have no problem with wearing a playboy watch, as i'd happily "read" both playboy and playgirl magazines. My question is though is the play boy logo simply a harmless logo/ fashion statement or are supposedly straight women who wear said logo essentially hypocrites? Advertising for a product that they themselves would not use and may or may not agree with? Just a thought...
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am obsessed with Playboy merchandise...bags, purses, jewellery, lighters, lamps everything, and i couldn't care less that it is the logo for a magazine like that. I've got no problem with women getting their kit off, as long as it's what they want to do.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think it's any different than someone wearing a Ferrari t-shirt even though they don't own one, or wearing a Man Utd shirt even though they've never set foot in Old Trafford. It's just a brand name. In fact, it probably more of a fashion logo than those. I mean how many people that wear Fred Perry clothes are actually tennis fans or even know who he is? If someone actually has a problem with playboy, or disagree with it somehow, they're not going to wear it. But I don't think that the majority of people that wear Playboy stuff are showing their support for it, in the same way that they might by wearing a band t-shirt.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hate playboy and think it looks cheap (no offense).

    I find it really chavvy and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if many of the women who wear the label knew what Playboy actually means.

    I don't know 100% where I stand on the whole porn industry as I'm not really a voyeuristic person and I find it more symbollic of objectification. I don't really picture any decent people watching it but I'm sure they do.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't really picture any decent people watching it but I'm sure they do.

    I'm a decent, well educated, law abiding citizen and i watch porn!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    satehen wrote: »
    I'm a decent, well educated, law abiding citizen and i watch porn!
    Yeah, I know a few people who do...I just always picture spotty overweight 15 year old boys in Metallica hoodies jacking off over it that's all. I think it's kinda sleazy... But then I'm in to things that could be considered worse than porn so... *shrug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought everyone looked at porn? Not including really young or really old people.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I watch porn sometimes (although it may be called into question if I call myself decent :D ) I prefer amateur porn though, people in them tend not to have had any work done, or fake tan, false nails etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think playboy stuff is nasty, tacky and overpriced. I especially dislike it when girls have their cars kitted out playboy style. But then I am not really into labels or brands of any kinds.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not into the Playboy brand to me it looks tacky even though a couple of the watches would look quite nice without the Playboy bunny! My mate loves it and there's a white Corsa around here covered in Playboy stuff and it's up for sale hehe.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go_away wrote: »
    I watch porn sometimes (although it may be called into question if I call myself decent :D ) I prefer amateur porn though, people in them tend not to have had any work done, or fake tan, false nails etc.

    Indeed! A friend of mine used to go on and on about having the skin around her tiddy bleached a la many porn stars, I was shocked.

    I think the Playboy brand is awful, and that's purely in aesthetic terms. There's a girl round my way with a Playboy Ford Fiesta and I think it is the most hilarious and hideous thing I've ever seen. I have to laugh at all the girls who got Playboy bunny tattoos a few years back, too. Obviously I hate the fact that they have branded themselves with a logo, but basically I just think it looks fucking cheap and passé in the extreme.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Love the use of the word tiddy :D
    There's a girl round my way with a Playboy Ford Fiesta and I think it is the most hilarious and hideous thing I've ever seen

    Out of morbid interest, what does it look like? Is there a big logo etc?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think it's tacky and depressing to see girls who haven't even eached puberty wearing the t-shirts
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go_away wrote: »
    Love the use of the word tiddy :D

    Out of morbid interest, what does it look like? Is there a big logo etc?

    I SO wish I could say it has big fluffy ears and a tail Dumb and Dumber-style; but it just has a HUGE silver logo on the bonnet and the front doors and a playboy numberplate. Looks shite.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll never complain about the paintwork on my car ever again :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    I think playboy stuff is nasty, tacky and overpriced. I especially dislike it when girls have their cars kitted out playboy style. But then I am not really into labels or brands of any kinds.

    definately!

    when i see a girl with a playboy bag, i think of how much it must have cost and how many nice bags are out there that they could have chosen instead

    personal taste i guess, i just associate it with chavs

    as for IWS's comment about it being no different than a man u shirt or a ferari shirt, I disagree.....you wear a man u shirt because you support them, you wear a ferrari shirt because you`d like one...by wearing playboy, you're kind of funding something that most straight girls probably dont agree with/use/want (porn aimed at males)

    it doesnt arse me like, just puttin my view across :)

    hope that makes sense :confused:
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,015 I eat threads for breakfast
    Some of the watches and lighters are very good gear.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dunno. as long as its not like 5 year old girls wearing it, ya know? i think its just some sort of fad, because most people have that kinds of stuff around here.

    but it still creeps me out to see elementary school girls wearing it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm having second thoughts about putting my playboy number plates on now :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its very tasteless that young pre-pubescent girls are walking around with Playboy-branded clothing, but if people want to spunk their money away on overpriced tat then that's their choice.

    I think wearing Playboy gear shows a lack of taste and/or intelligence, but if people want to look like a thick tart that's their choice. Trying to ban it will just make it as successful as French Connection UK's "amusing" puns.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit sometimes i think you were born 45.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :D

    It looks shite, what can I say?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm mystified by it more than anything else, is it purely because its a nice symbol? Or is there supposed to be some message about wanting to be a bunny girl?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    I'm mystified by it more than anything else, is it purely because its a nice symbol? Or is there supposed to be some message about wanting to be a bunny girl?

    Have you never seen a group of girls on a hen night?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    SophiA wrote: »
    I think it's supposed to be some kind of message about how sexually liberated and available you are, and how you have just the right attitude and mentality to be a playboy bunny, so that men want to fuck you. Actually really rather tragic, if you have to wear a t shirt or jewellery announcing that you're a slut to get male attention, presumably because you don't think you could attract them any other way.

    You really think they put that much thought into it? I reckon they just like the symbol.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you never seen a group of girls on a hen night?

    Yes, and its amoung the scariest things I've seen in my life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote: »
    Indeed! A friend of mine used to go on and on about having the skin around her tiddy bleached a la many porn stars, I was shocked.
    whats the point in that??
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    SophiA wrote: »
    But I think it's something to do with wanting people to think you have the mindset and attitudes of a playboy bunny, and that you think being a playboy bunny is an exceptionally cool and exciting thing to be. And surely the essential characteristic of a playboy bunny is sexual availability and promiscuity?
    yes because thats what most girls want to be when they are teenagers. its like you're trying to express your sexuality so you dress/act slutty. it appeals to lads and thats who you're trying to attract. i'm unsure as to why anyone over the age of 16 would want to wear the playboy logo though :confused:
Sign In or Register to comment.