Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Summer A Level Exams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just booked a holiday, leaving 1st July.

Does anyone know if all the exams are over by then? I was sure they would be but I can't find any info about it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I took my A levels, they were over the May/June period from what I recall. Best to check though.
    I'd speak to your exams officer to confirm :) but I think they are.
    They finish the last week in June, one of the ones I took was the last one of that session and it was Friday pm 1st July.
    Thanks everyone.

I've tried talking to my exam officer but she's always busy. I talked to another member of staff and she told me that nothing had been confirmed.

I've looked on the exam board websites but I'm worried things will change.
    AS are usually may to the start of june and A2 are in june-july

that's the AQA board anyway, i'm assuming its more or less the same on the other boards
    Crap.

All mine are OCR and AQA.
    Post a note through the door then for your exams officer :p.

Other teachers say that but normally they have a pretty good idea by now I think :chin: at least I'm sure I did last year. I can't remember!
    I'll ask around tomorrow. According to the AQA examination timetable though they are all finished by end of July.
    The dates that are posted on the exam board websites are the definate final dates for the summer exams. Just go on aqa.org.uk and the same for ocr and you can find them on there. I've just been through all this booking a weekend away in June! Damn exams :p
    Aren't most of the exams around the same time as GCSEs? Which, are normally over by the end of June/beginning of July.
    Normally over by the end of the first week in June but it is subject specific. I think Arts and Humanities stuff is usually earlier than that. Check the exam boards websites and give them a ring if you're still unsure. They do occasionally change them but it is quite a rare occurence.
    End of the first week in June?

Dream on with that idea if you're doing any science A levels, they are usually the last weeks of June.
    End of the first week in June?

Dream on with that idea if you're doing any science A levels, they are usually the last weeks of June.

:yes: my last exam was biology on the 16th june- same day as my leavers ball :crying:
    i know my english language is on 27th of june! see the websites
    Thanks everyone, checked with my exams officer, she give me a list of dates, also emailed OCR and AQA to double check. All finish end of June :)
    ive never heard of an exam in july...