Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Top Gear returns tonight

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The new series is upon us at last! This episode will famously feature Richard Hammond's near-fatal accident as well.

Love Top Gear :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah can't wait!
    Should be funny to see Clarkson and May taking the piss out of him... :lol:
    The Accident - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x130wf_richard-hammond-crash-top-gear

Ouch! I didn't see it because I don't have TV at uni, but hopefully can download it off one of my LAN friends. Apparently it was a good episode. But how gaunt does he look?
    You'd probably look gaunt if you'd been in a crash like that :p
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The pictures didnt look too bad - but that accident in video was bad! Lucky man indeed!

Top episode - especially the road laying - hilarious stuff!
    :thumb:
    road laying was indeed hilarious!!

And what a stonking lap by Oliver in the wet!!!
    And apparantly it trounced Big Brother in the ratings too. :thumb: Top quality episode as usual. I loved that Jag. Fucking stunning car.
    Made me laugh when he said whilst sat in the car how big the crash would be. Kinda tempted fate there :p
    He looked so uncomfortable in the studio doing the the interview for it, poor guy!
    What a great show. I loved the over the top entrance hehe. That crash was bloody awful to watch. Loved them laying the road hehe.
    As always Top Gear delivered a brilliant episode. They were always going to show his crash. The road laying was, as is always the case [and in good old top gear fashion], fucking hilarious :D
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Love Top Gear :)

Okay so now I am really fucking confused

This >>> :eek: doesn't even come close...
    How brilliantly hilarious is this Top Gear " special " ! :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How those rednecks didnt fucking kill them I have no idea!
    I know !

all done in typical Top Gear fashion, still bringing in the laughs, even when Hammond nearly drove into the crocodile infested river :lol:
    It can't be long before the US embassy logs a complaint about 'unfair representation' of their country...

LOL @ Hammond being Brokeback. 'Man love rules'. Indeed... :D
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Yeah can't wait!

Me neither!

Jeremy Clarkson is undoubtedly one of the most self-less and noble people to walk the planet. I love how he appeals to all classes, how he supports green travel...

No really, I am not very impressed with that man and fail to see why anybody would want to watch that shit.

Still each to their own.
    Namaste wrote: »
    No really, I am not very impressed with that man and fail to see why anybody would want to watch that shit.

Its a way to kill time between sarcastic rants.

And its *awesome*
    Me neither!

Jeremy Clarkson is undoubtedly one of the most self-less and noble people to walk the planet. I love how he appeals to all classes, how he supports green travel...

Because it has to be by far the most entertaining programme on television right now. And because it is tongue in cheek and does not have to be taken seriously.

I know many people who don't have any interest in cars, and even some of them who actually hate them, and who still watch the programme religiously. It's fantastically funny and entertaining not to mention extremely un-pc.

Watching it doesn't mean you agree with Clarkson & co. I think he's a twat (though a funny twat) and I couldn't care less if he likes speed or hates diesel or hybrid cars, for instance. Clearly most people are able to watch the programme and still drive sensibly and buy diesel and/or fuel efficient cars. Those who say Top Gear causes people to drive like race boys and be irresponsible are quite wrong. Nobody but the saddest spotty teenager (who would be bound to be a boy racer without the programme anyway) would be more tempted to buy a gas guzzler or drive too fast because of Top Gear.
    Because it has to be by far the most entertaining programme on television right now.
    Totally. Even without the brilliant script and presenters, the quality of the filmmaking in the videos is up there with BBC wildlife documentaries. Quite outstanding.
    Top Gear is brilliant!! It's definitely one of the best, if not the best show on TV at the minute, it's class!! :D

I think that the TV persona is different to reality. You know he's a twitcher...?
    Because it has to be by far the most entertaining programme on television right now. And because it is tongue in cheek and does not have to be taken seriously.

I know many people who don't have any interest in cars, and even some of them who actually hate them, and who still watch the programme religiously. It's fantastically funny and entertaining not to mention extremely un-pc.

Watching it doesn't mean you agree with Clarkson & co. I think he's a twat (though a funny twat) and I couldn't care less if he likes speed or hates diesel or hybrid cars, for instance. Clearly most people are able to watch the programme and still drive sensibly and buy diesel and/or fuel efficient cars. Those who say Top Gear causes people to drive like race boys and be irresponsible are quite wrong. Nobody but the saddest spotty teenager (who would be bound to be a boy racer without the programme anyway) would be more tempted to buy a gas guzzler or drive too fast because of Top Gear.
    Well fair enough, if it's one of the few things worth watching (don't have a TV), never really found him impressive myself.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Well fair enough, if it's one of the few things worth watching (don't have a TV), never really found him impressive myself.

You New Age, tree hugging, soap dodging types. :no:

:p

Clarkson is a twat, but he's funny one and Top Gear is superb entertainment.
    Weekender Offender