Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Glaswegian shenenegians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I just moved to Glasgow.
Thus far I haven't made much of a social movement.
A few bars here, a few pubs there.

I crave entertainment Thursday - Sunday.

a salsa club.
a jazz bar.
a kick back venue.
and somewhere I can dance.

The world is my social oyster.
I just need some direction.
Direct me.

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What kind of music are you into bar jazz?
    Nothing too manic.
    I went to Rio last Thursday and it was just to hyperactive for me.
    Just a cacophony of individual noises, no harmony.
    Something chill.
    Instrumental or lyrical...both are peachy.
    Anomie wrote: »
    Nothing too manic.
    I went to Rio last Thursday and it was just to hyperactive for me.
    Just a cacophony of individual noises, no harmony.
    Something chill.
    Instrumental or lyrical...both are peachy.

You'd quite like Bunker on Bath Street - it's 1.20 a drink on Thursdays..

Buff Club is on any day of the week, really - kinda jazzy, with a mix of electro from time to time..plus it's not too chaotic. Nice mix of people.. it's in Bath Lane.
    1983 wrote: »
    You'd quite like Bunker on Bath Street - it's 1.20 a drink on Thursdays..

Buff Club is on any day of the week, really - kinda jazzy, with a mix of electro from time to time..plus it's not too chaotic. Nice mix of people.. it's in Bath Lane.
    I agree with the bunker comment :heart:

Also, when i just want to chill and can't be arsed with a club I go to Kushion on Bath Street.

It's kinda hard not to find anywhere in the toon :razz:
    How old are you?

I think if you're after a good drink and a dance then you're as well going to The Garage, Buffalo Joes or Sports Cafe (after 11pm) because everybody tends to be out for a good time. Never seen them filled up with scene people or pretentious indie cocks like the Cathouse or wherever else.

There's a good jazz cafe place in the West End, although I'll be fucked if I can remember what it's called.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    How old are you?

I think if you're after a good drink and a dance then you're as well going to The Garage, Buffalo Joes or Sports Cafe (after 11pm) because everybody tends to be out for a good time. Never seen them filled up with scene people or pretentious indie cocks like the Cathouse or wherever else.

There's a good jazz cafe place in the West End, although I'll be fucked if I can remember what it's called.

Are you kidding me on?! It's nedsville at The Sports Cafe. Meat market at The Garage, Butlins for the 40plus at Buffalo Joes. You LOVE all that shite though so of course it suits you! :razz:

You don't get indie cocks at The Cathouse, you get emo children, hahaha. You get pretentious indie wanks at ABC.

I stick to The Arches/Sub Club and occasionally The Art School - which can be full of pretentious wanks but FUCK ME I love the music!