Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

News

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Congrats!

So how long 'till you get fat? :D
    Congrats!

So how long 'till you get fat? :D

I'm working on it ;)
    Oof, how lovely :)
    Awww babe, congratulations! Two lucky babies to have such a lovely mummy as well :)
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Awww babe, congratulations! Two lucky babies to have such a lovely mummy as well :)

Thanks sweetie :heart:
    Aww, congratulations. :heart:

My Grandma is convinced that I'll have twins :nervous:
    Bigo congratulations :D
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Aww, congratulations. :heart:

My Grandma is convinced that I'll have twins :nervous:

Grandma's are nuts - don't worry about it...!
    Grandma's are nuts - don't worry about it...!

Aye, mine generally is, but this theory is at least partially based on fact. My dad's a twin, and there are 5 other sets of twins in his close family.

On the bright side, she also said that once you survive the first year, she thought the twins were easier to raise than a single chid, cause they always have a playmate, and a buddy at school and whatnot. Get into twice as much trouble, mind :p
    Ok this is probably just me but i seriously can't understand scan pics.

That body pic looked like a full on huge being born baby not a little un like your meant to have. I think maybe i'm confusing bits inside you with the baby :p
    The body is fully formed from 12 weeks, just needs to grow now. It does look big though, I guess it's just the angle and the fact that it's a close up :)

It's the leg one that I love, I spy a footballer (or a violent thug, either or :p).
    So I"ve been trying to figure it out but I can't do math... whats your due date?

Do you know the sexes? Have you thought of any names?
    The estimated delivery date we've been given is July 19th.

Not going to find out the sexes I don't think, but I have got a list of potential names as long as my arm :thumb:
    Aww congrats!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I cant possibly put enough smilies in here to adequately express how completely chuffed I am for you

Is july 19th a 40 week estimate or is that an estimate of when theyll want you to deliver, cos twins have a shorter gestation dont they?
    Aww wow! Congrats X 2 ;)

:D
    Aww. Congratulations. Thats really good news.
    Oh that's brilliant, congrats. Any name ideas???
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Wow, congrats again! :thumb:

I thought I saw something that suggested this the other day, heh.

I hope you have lots of patience and stamina -my dad and stepmum had twins, and they said that none of them (the parents) could sleep for more than 1 hour a day for the first two months :p
    OH MY GOD!!!

Congratulations mate, that's absolutely fantastic news... no more than you deserve after everything, though. Woooo! :D

Lots of love xxx
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    still so so chuffed for you babes :D:D:D

Im so happy

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wow. Congrats!
    Congrats sunshine, i'm making a vegetarian cake as we speak ;) Fraternal ? Does that means twins from 2 seperate eggs ?
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    Any name ideas???

Frogmella and Cortina :D
    Congratulations :D
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Congrats sunshine, i'm making a vegetarian cake as we speak ;) Fraternal ? Does that means twins from 2 seperate eggs ?

I think it does actually, therefore it wouldnt be anything to do with the fact there are twins in stephens family.
    Cant blame him for this one!! ;)
    Twinage, well pld. :thumb: :thumb:
    Congratulations Briggi!

You must be so excited.
    Oh dear, 2 more mackems!
    :D
    Congratulations babe, awesome news!
    Don't eat all the pickles. :thumb:
    Is july 19th a 40 week estimate or is that an estimate of when theyll want you to deliver, cos twins have a shorter gestation dont they?

:yes: I'm led to believe they'll be considered full term at 38 weeks rather than 40 since they're fraternal. I think labour is often induced anytime after 34 weeks with identicals but don't quote me on that! I guess therefore July 19th is their estimate, it has already changed twice so I wouldn't be surprised, will probably find out more when I see my midwife again on Tuesday. They're watching me like hawks though, and she is a real bossy cow, she has made it her mission to get me eating meat. She's going down! I have been eating bowls of peas all weekend; mushy, garden and marrowfat. I'll turn green soon enough, I don't doubt.

As for the twin thing, I think fraternals might run in families (though I could be very wrong) only on the mother's side. Since there haven't been any twins in our family at any point as far as I know, I guess it's just one of those things.

Rubberskin where did Frogmella and Cortina come from? :lol: Rumplestiltskin? We are pretty much undecided on names so far, more pressing matters to deal with and all that. We do both like Stellan for a boy and that's about the only one we've even come close to agreeing on thus far. There's time for arguments a plenty yet though. I do love Miranda, Cecilia and Alva but names ending in "a" are unfortunately a bit of a no-no. I also have a soft spot for Hedvig but have been told in no uncertain terms [and probably quite reasonably] to fuck off :lol: Whatever we decide I'm sure there will be a definite Swedish/Irish influence in there somewhere as I have been so cruelly banned from embracing my inner hippy :grump:

Cheers for the congrats you lot, very much appreciated :heart: