Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys

I may be a bit fumb here so please bare with me!!!

If you're not on the pill, I know obviously you can become pregnant. But if you have sex and take the morning after pill, is this the same thing?? Also, is the MAP the eqivilent of having an aborition if say the condom split or summit???

Thanks for help, sorry for the blondeness!!

Miss x

Comments

• Options
    Plan B is made from hormones just like a regular birth control pill, only in higher doses. It prevents sperm from reaching the egg and also prevents the egg from attaching to the uteron wall. It is not an abortion pill; it will not terminate a pregnancy and, hence the name "emergency concrapetion" it should not be used as a soul form of birth control
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morning-after-pill/AN00592
  • Options
    The MAP should stop you from becoming pregnant if you take it very soon after unprotected sex.

It offers no protection what so ever for any sex you have after you have taken it. Does that make sense?

It's emergency contraception, not an abortio.
  • Options

The morning after pill can be pretty harsh.

A) there can be some pretty adverse side-effects (I puked my guts out for two days)
    B) at best its efficacy isn't nearly as high as taking the pill regularly.

And...mas importante

C) if you're already pregant, if an embryo has already embedded itself in your uterine wall, the morning after pill won't do jack shit. Contrary to popular opinion, it does not have abortive capabilities. (That's the RU486 or chemical abortion pill. Two different things entirely)

The pill is the best way to go.
    Use EC as your contingency.