Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hannibal Rising

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
was a book about the early life of Hannibal Lecter, the deranged killer in the Silence of the Lambs. so its a prequal of sorts. now its being made into a movie.

i cant wait for this to come out. what do you guys think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm really excited, it'll be in the cinemas in Feb. I've bought the book, but i'm in two minds whether to read it first or watch the film first.

PS Hannibal (the book) had a different ending to the film, the film's w3as better IMO.
    Needless to say the new book doesn't touch on the end of Hannibal (and I personally felt the book was better).

All i can say is it's a very, very strange book, one that seems to go out of the way to turn Hannibal even more into some strange hero. The character in the book pretty much bears no possible relation to the character in Red Dragon or Silence of the Lambs, so it feels like desperation and is very underwhelming and full of plot holes. I can only assume Lecter action figures will be coming out soon.

On the other hand Dexter was great, so watch that on TV instead.
    Hmmmm, I didn't realise that there was another one. Sounds a bit like a desperate ploy to make money to me. Will probably still read although doubt I'll be watching the film. 'Hannibal' was such a huge disappointment as a film.
    I've heard that the book is a bit shit. Sounds to me like Thomas Harris is flogging his cash cow a little too hard...
    Trailer
    It looks good to me!
    yeah i still have to read the book. i try to read the books before watching the movie.