Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problem with main homepage

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Erm I use myphone to access the internet, but because it is a full web enabled phone with internet explorer and everything, it annoys me that I have no way of accessing the actual main homepage and all I can get is that basic advice searching tool.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just checked on mine and I get the same even though I've got windows mobile with internet explorer too :/
  • Options
    The problem is that your phone isn't doing anything to identify itself as a web browser, at least that is my understanding, it still identifies itself as a mobile phone - which means it is served mobile content, rather than web content.

Maybe there's a way to provide a link that will ignore your phones information and serve webpages - I'll speak to people on Monday.

Presumably accessing, for example, http://www.thesite.org/community/beheard would still let you see the poll MrG? or does all the content route you back to the mobile homepage?
  • Options
    ooh that works