Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

snowboards, wax and servicing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
where can you buy wax for snowboards? what exactly does it do aswell....ive heard people say it protects the board? also, i heard someone talk about servicing a snowboard - what is this? how much? is it worth doing?
cheers
L+C
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You normally get a snowboard waxed either to cover up scratches or chips in the bottom and therefore to protect the inside layers (not sure of the technical word) or mainly to make it ride faster and smoother. I've never bought wax and done it mself but if you take it into somewhere like snow and rock, some dry slopes or snowdomes or a ski hire place in a resort they will normally do it for you. I think snow and rock charge around £20. Servicing means they'll wax it, sharpen the edges and basically do any other touching up that needs doing. It depends how often you use the board but it's only really worth doing on a regular basis if theres either lots of scratches in the bottom or if you are going to be using it for racing. I usually only get mine waxed once a season and for me thats enough.
  • Options
    ^ pretty much summed it up. Waxing and servicing is great if you're snowboard is a bit rough. It rides so much smoother and makes it such a better experience. I remember the anxiety i used to have when I hadn't waxed my snowboard and had accidentally, the day before, glided down on a road. Poor snowboard and, more importantly, poor me :razz: