Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When does it start back in America? I hate these friggin breaks they have :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    7th Feb :thumb:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    7th Feb :thumb:
    Hurrah!

• Options
    I won't be able to watch it any more, i don't have sky :crying:
  • Options
    I won't be able to watch it any more, i don't have sky :crying:
    There's more than one way to skin a cat my dear ;)
  • Options
    I know, but i meant the option of just switching on the tv on a wednesday night to watch it
  • Options
    Gave up with Lost ages ago. It had potential and started off quite good, but they should have ended it by now.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Gave up with Lost ages ago. It had potential and started off quite good, but they should have ended it by now.

I concur.
    It would have been really kick-ass if they'd have stopped focusing on this stupid love triangle and instead progressed with the plot. It started out really well but when I started feeling there was one relevant episode to every five+ fillers I gave up. They've also exhausted all the flashbacks. It feels like they're flogging a dead horse now.

I reckon they'll axe the series before they manage to get much further with the 'plot' (that is, if there even is one now).
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :thumb:

Has anyone watched The Lost Room which started last Thursday? Obviously quite far fetched but the first episode was a corker for pace and excitement ....
  • Options
    It starts again tomorrow here!!!! :hyper:
  • Options
    Well that was... a normal Lost episode. Good, as usual, but I am only a tiny bit more clued in.

<<SLIGHT SPOILER>>

Turns out the others are civilized people who live in what looks like a town. and there's someone else in their captivity. Still dunno why they are there or why they have captured Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Next week, Sayid, Jin and Sun go to rescue them. Looks action packed.
  • Options
    Well that was... a normal Lost episode. Good, as usual, but I am only a tiny bit more clued in.

<<SLIGHT SPOILER>

Turns out the others are civilized people who live in what looks like a town. and there's someone else in their captivity. Still dunno why they are there or why they have captured Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Next week, Sayid, Jin and Sun go to rescue them. Looks action packed.

I'd hazard a guess that you're playing catchup with the states? I think they're on episode six or seven now of series three. Think that's episode one of series three you've just watched.

Hey i'm all for the love triangle, i'm having the same problem as Kate, would i pick Sawyer or Jack. God, i'm stuck in this dilemma :yum:
  • Options
    It starts again tomorrow here!!!! :hyper:

you had me going then...
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    you had me going then...

Same
  • Options
    aye, it comes back the 7th!? :hyper:

i love that show, and i miss it dearly. i wonder what the little break was for?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "Little"?

I heard it had to do with something about showing off with a few episodes and then waiting before they prepare the rest, as a trick to make the ratings seem higher. Or something like that.
  • Options
    It's sweeps week - the value of Tv shows adverts are based on viewing during particular weeks (november, and one other I think, though might wrong).

By breaking shows can cover more than one sweeps week, using big cliffhangers to propel much higher audiences than shows would get during an ongoing run.

Why the fuck Battlestar is breaking for one week on a cable channel before the bloody trial is beyond me though :grump:
  • Options
    That would make sense then Jim. Had heard it was the usual thing in America to cut all the big TV shows over Christmas time for a two month gap.
  • Options
    Eh, I got the idea you were all waiting for season three *shrug*

Still love it
  • Options
    dont worry, season 4 has been confirmed as having no breaks. It will run for 22 or 23 weeks straight
  • Options
    So there will be a season 4? :rolleyes: Let's hope it's the last one.
  • Options
    Recently two of the main writers said that they dont want the show to go past 100 shows, ultimately its ABC's choice though but even some senior figures have admitted the show shouldnt go past 100 shows. The 2 writers in questions (will edit with there actual names when i remember) said that they want to do season 4, have a big cliffhanger (that should take it to around 92 shows) then they will have a couple of 2 hour shows to finish it off, thats what they want to do anyway.

I really should get out more
  • Options
    I just read in the TV Guide -
    Plans are afoot to put an end to LOST. Producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof have admitted they have been upset with recent ratings and that they have begun discusuuions to come up with a timeline to wrap up all the series' loose ends. But they refused to say exactly when this will happen. "We feel that THE X-FILES went about two seasons too long," Lindelof said, "and we don't want to make the same mistake with LOST."
  • Options
    Eh, I got the idea you were all waiting for season three *shrug*

Still love it

Think i might have had the ABC copies from America and might be slightly ahead. Now you've said that i'm not sure where England is with regards to the episodes. Ah well, only two more days to go and i'll find out :)
  • Options
    To be frank, if the writers think the X-files only went on two series too long then I'm not holding out much hope.

It's all about syndication not story - exactly what story in the world can't be told in one season I don't know - certainly there isn't a story that can be told in 75 hours - which is what they are suggesting they need.

I mean, come on, we all know it is just being kept going week by week with little of no sense of what is happening next.
  • Options
    still gonna watch it tho !
  • Options
    Christ yes, every bloody minute :)
  • Options
    I think X-Files failed when plotholes started appearing. As long as Lost keeps them away, it should be fine. However, you can't avoid plotholes if you want to keep it running for too long.
  • Options
    so..anyone watched episode 7 yet then?
    Nothing spectacular..i just want them to wrap it up now so i can find out the big mystery.
    This show is nothing compared to prison break and heroes..
  • Options
    I saw it... disappointing.
    The only remotely interesting things were the revelation that Juliette was kind of a prisoner too, and the strange room they had Alex's bf in.

EDIT:
    By the way, has it ever been explained so far how come the "Others" knew who everyone who survived the plane crash was? They seem to have all the details about each person's past, however since Jack was on talking terms with them I don't remember him ever asking how. Isn't that strange of him?
  • Options
    They had the passenger list and they are in contact with the outside world....
    What do you not understand? :thumb:

Lost is still good and I love how they made it even more complicated last night while at the same time revealing a few things. Maybe some of you have short attention spans. ;)

Also, Heroes is very good, but if it carries into Series 3, I am sure some of you will be saying the same things as you are for Lost.