Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fresh attempt to move clocks forward

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Britain would be a second world country without the South East. The SE subsidises the rest of the country.

Given that his comment related to everything inside the M25 can I remind you that the SE isn't just London. You're as bad as those whining northern fuckers :p
    I live in South London and getting up at half six when it's dark is depressing enough, spending the next three hours in darkness as well would drive me crazy. Longer summer evenings would be nice, but it would be hell getting kids to bed, getting to sleep etc. Not a viable option IMHO, and I'm a bloody southerner :D
    I don't care which way they do it, as long as they get rid of this whole having to change your clocks around bollocks. I mean just leave time the same all year round. Might require a Windows update though.
    People trying to mess with nature!!
    I think the work efficiency would fall drastically overall if it didn't get light till late morning.
    And most people rush in the morning, getting up, getting into the car and driving, doing so in the dark would actually increase accidents, not lessen them!
    Stupid idea!
    It's a great idea for the skiving students who don't get out of bed until lunchtime, but for everyone else its shit.

Nature is that you get up at dawn and go to bed at dusk, and if you don't have dawn until 10am you're gonna have problems with productivity.
    Kermit wrote: »
    That's not quite true- the Scottish gas fields do.

theres a net flow of wealth to scotland from england
    budda wrote: »
    Wouldnt it also put us on the same time as France? We cant have that, its a short step from that to joining the Euro.

GMT or PMT?
    It's a great idea for the skiving students who don't get out of bed until lunchtime,

because all students are skivers that sleep in all the time and do no work
    Story.

I have to say that living up here I am totally and utterly against this proposal, and hope it never comes through. In winter it would mean that sunrise wouldn't be until about 9.30am in December, which is fantastic.

Goes to show that the whole country only gives a toss about Londoners, really.

It's not gonna happen.

The end.
    Territt wrote:
    because all students are skivers that sleep in all the time and do no work

Well they are.

Any student who makes a 9am lecture after actually going to bed is a freak who needs to get a life.
    Well they are.

Any student who makes a 9am lecture after actually going to bed is a freak who needs to get a life.

well i used to have a great Social life, and i used to get to all my 9am lectures, after the hour drive to uni that is
    The you clearly aren' taking the whole "student" thing seriously ;)
    Territt wrote: »
    well i used to have a great Social life, and i used to get to all my 9am lectures, after the hour drive to uni that is

Weirdo.
    Actually thinking about it, this would rock for me, I work 12 hour shifts so it would mean much easier to sleep in the mornings and light when I get home! :D lol
    Sounds good to Me.
    Weirdo.

your calling me a Weirdo!!! i would love to see you try and say that to my face and not over the internet
    Weirdo x2.
    Territt wrote: »
    i would love to see you try and say that to my face and not over the internet

:lol:

There always something funny about insinuations of violence on the 'net
    NB The proposal was defeated.