Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I was just wondering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone here do drugs such as pills, cocaine but not smoke. I was just curious as it seems to me that most people that smoke have tried other drugs etc and vice versa. You never seem to get people doing pills, coke etc that dont smoke. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think there are quite a lot of casual smokers, who largely only do so when they go out.

Personally I've always thought tobacco the most useless drug on the market.
    budda wrote:
    I think there are quite a lot of casual smokers, who largely only do so when they go out.

QUOTE]
    I've never understood this, I take it casual smokers don't get a craving, so why would they want a fag?
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I've never understood this, I take it casual smokers don't get a craving, so why would they want a fag?

I'm not sure, it just seems more and more like a good idea when I've got a few pints inside me.
    budda wrote:
    I'm not sure, it just seems more and more like a good idea when I've got a few pints inside me.
    so you're cool, hip and can show off to your mates?? :p
    Does anyone here do drugs such as pills, cocaine but not smoke.

:yes: although i guess i am a bit of a casual smoker when im drunk...
    VinylVicky wrote:
    so you're cool, hip and can show off to your mates?? :p

That's the only reason I'd ever use drugs, because of peer pressure.
    budda wrote:
    That's the only reason I'd ever use drugs, because of peer pressure.
    As Smokey say "peer pressure's a mutha fucka!"
    VinylVicky wrote:
    As Smokey say "peer pressure's a mutha fucka!"

Exactly, it all started when older dealers forced drugs on me at the gates of my primary school.
    budda wrote:
    Exactly, it all started when older dealers forced drugs on me at the gates of my primary school.
    The fuckers are never there when I need them!
    re:

I don't smoke cigs because they're pretty pointless, I do however smoke weed and do the odd bit of coke.

Personally I've always thought tobacco the most useless drug on the market.

I wont touch a fag sober, but under the influence I go through Cigs like nothing else. I chugged 40 cigs in a night the other week. I had 10 left over in the morning thinking, why? why did i buy all those fags? I ended up dishing them out to pals.
    I never smoke at all, not even when I'm drunk - but I do take drugs.
    I've never smoked - never fancied it at all.

Done various drugs for years...

I can honestly say I detest smoking - but that's a different story.
    Well the question is really does anyone here do pills coke etc but not smoke - even when they are pissed fucked trashed, whatever you wanna call it!! Thing is I've quit smoking but still wanna do coke pills n that now and again but just wondering if thats possible.
    I take class As and have done for over 4 years. I don't smoke, no matter how mashed I am. I used to smoke cannabis everyday a couple of years ago, using cigarettes in my joints, and never developed an addiction to nicotine. I never quite understood that. Cigarette smoking has never appealed to me - total waste of time, money and lungs.
    I smoke, but am slowly packing it in at the moment, over the few months or so I have cut down from 20 a day to 2 a day! :yippe:

I find when I take drugs weather its coke, pills, alcohol or whatever it makes me wanna smoke more.
    Temptation is too great for me, on coke but especially alcohol. Know a mate who's smoked for years, quit and doesn't smoke when off it so can be done.
    Well the question is really does anyone here do pills coke etc but not smoke - even when they are pissed fucked trashed, whatever you wanna call it!! Thing is I've quit smoking but still wanna do coke pills n that now and again but just wondering if thats possible.

:lol:

Of course it's possible!

It's just up to you!
    I do pills coke etc etc and I never touch fags. Can smoke spliffs like anything but still just the thought of tobacco on its own makes me feel sick.

Am pretty sure however much I smoke spliffs I'll never develop an addiction to nicotine, i know that werent the point of your post but someone mentioned it on here.

But yeah you said you've quit smoking, and i've never been addicted so that's a big difference. But only way to find out is to try it!
    hi

No i know people who dont smoke and dey take drugs.
    And i know people who smoke n take other drugs or dey might jus take it wen dey go out clubbing.
    I smoke about 2 packs a week, unrelated to the coke. I really need to quit smoking some day.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    A lot of my mates who take drugs are non smokers.
    Weekender Offender 
    I smoke fags but I've gone down from like 20 a day to only really smoking at work and college, or if I'm pissed or coked up. I try not to smoke on pills, despite how good it feels, because it leaves me with the nastiest throat in the morning ever.
    I was smoking weed before I smoked cigarettes properly though.
    My smoking cigs went hand in hand with my drug taking. I had my 1st ever cig after my first bit of speed so for me the 2 seem inseperable.
    But I've known loads of people who take drugs but don't smoke.
    A good mate of mine has never touched a cig in her life but goes through about 10-15 pills when we go out. I can't tell her to cut down the drug use coz I used to go through speed like it was going out of fashion. I still do sometimes.
    I think it is possible if you smoke but it is to do with determination and will power.
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    My smoking cigs went hand in hand with my drug taking. I had my 1st ever cig after my first bit of speed so for me the 2 seem inseperable.
    But I've known loads of people who take drugs but don't smoke.
    A good mate of mine has never touched a cig in her life but goes through about 10-15 pills when we go out. I can't tell her to cut down the drug use coz I used to go through speed like it was going out of fashion. I still do sometimes.
    I think it is possible if you smoke but it is to do with determination and will power.
    My mate smokes frequently when around coke. Says it helps keep his nose clear. I think he's blowing smoke up my arse.
    madmonk wrote: »
    My mate smokes frequently when around coke. Says it helps keep his nose clear. I think he's blowing smoke up my arse.

Cigs help clear my nose on a morning after i've done speed or when I've got a cold, so it might be possible he does it for that.
    hey!

i dont smoke, have had the odd few over the years but thats it, merely just to try it i suppose
    i do some pills and coke and have tried a bit of ket recently, so i defo dont think the two come hand in hand.
    i dont smoke grass etc - just doesnt have the same appeal to me as the above drugs so have never really bothered with it

but to consider giving up the fags and still doing drugs must be a hard 1, just think of it as the same as some1 who gives up smoking but still goes into the pubs and drinks
    I don't smoke cigarettes, never have. I do quite a few different drugs regularly though. All my friends smoke, I'm not really sure why I don't.. just never fancied it really.
    i don't smoke and i usually turn down weed when im offered. it just doesn't appeal to me - even when i'm drunk or on Class As. i have the odd one but even then i don't finish it!
    i have wondered to my self quite alot why i am quite happy to be doing class a's but have never wanted to smoke, it is a strange one, hmmm!