Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cold

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Arrggghghgh I'm soooooo cold - i've been freezing all week and its so crap. I'm wearing a vest under my top and two jumpers and my coat and my wolly hat and my gloves at my desk. And the damn themometer keeps on hovering at 17 degrees - which is annoyingly 1 degree above the minimum temperature for working conditions (plus we suspect that its broken and acutally slightly hotter than that).

I'm ranting more than anything else - paaahahahahah - but i do think this is slightly ridiculos.

Comments

• Options
    im cold today as well, but not that bad.

had a few too many drinks last night and got the shakes, feel like a smackrat going cold turkey, its not good.
  • Options
    Im sitting with a blanket around me right now, I should probably put a more sensible top on.

Or move myself and do some housework, that'll heat me up.
  • Options
    It's too warm here.

*melt*
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    It's too warm here.

*melt*

haha me too! Im boiling!
  • Options
    I can deal with it when it’s freezing all winter, but when it’s wet and mild and the temperature goes up and down like a £15 slapper then that’s when I get ill :(
  • Options
    I am sitting here in boxers and Tees only.

I hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Im warm, other than my feet. I'm trying not to put socks on, as I have a horrible open blister that I'm leaving exposed to the open air in the hope that it will heal up :(
  • Options
    I'd be cold if it wasn't for me wearing a dressing gown on top of my clothes :p
  • Options
    the answer you seek

Reuseable heating pads or magic gel warmers.

I swear by em...
    I slide a few into my gloves.
    Especially when I'm typing and my mouse hand cramps
    up because it's so fucking cold.

Explore the possibilities.

Enjoy ;)
  • Options
    Sitting here at the computer I'm in the perfect position to toast my toes on the radiator. :)
  • Options
    I am so hot, I actually HAVE the cold. Been coughing up goo all day, voice is gone and I hurt my ankle at my mates today and can't walk on it. GRR.
  • Options
    I had to get up early for college so when I got home I fell asleep again and I've only just woken up, and I'm fucking freezing, fucking hungry but can't find anything to eat and generally in quite a fucking bad mood.
  • Options
    i feel like ive woke up on the wrong side of the bed, probably somethin to do with havin to work on a friday evening :yuck:
  • Options
    Try living in a house which is actually colder inside than it is outside during the day time, no shit. Haven't even got a heater to warm the place up.

Back home though, loving the heat.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I can't find a happy medium at the moment. The house fluctuates whenever the boiler decides to, outside is cold and I get frustrated clearing ice off the windscreen. And then work is like an oven. Complaints have been made. One classroom was way too cold and they over compensated. No happy medium at all :grump:
  • Options
    ive been able to see my breathe every day for the past 2 weeks, no matter what time. and my heater is never on, so ive been cold for quite some time. and my room is small and the window is broken so theres a rather nasty draft coming in.

im turning into a polar bear :chin:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Just an idea, like. But why don't you turn your heater on? You may start feeling your toes again.