Home Health & Wellbeing

Help!! Major life crisis!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

I'm a 17 year old gal and I wash everyday sometimes, twice a day but still I smell of BO... It's really embarrassing and I have totally lost my self-confidence. Sometimes I'm so desperate, I don't want to go to school. I use anti-persperints and deodrant sprays but none of them seem to last. I'm always worried and nervous and sweat quite a lot. What shall I do?
Also, I was wondering how to lose fat in your face? I'm quite thin but have a chubby face..
I'm so depressed so please help me someone!!!

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Laura - first thing I'll say is try not to worry so much (for one thing all the stress will make you sweat <IMG alt="image" alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/smile.gif"&gt; ) - anyone who's worth knowing won't care, and I bet it's not as bad as you think.

    One thing I have heard is that anti-perspirants and deodarants can actually make you sweat more! Not sure if this is definitely true, but you only sweat because you need to (respiration etc.), so it might be.

    It's probably not as bad as you think. I know when I was your age I used to get obsessed with worrying about things like height (I grew late and I'm ony 5'7" now), or face, ..., and I worried about them far more than anyone else noticed - because at your age you always tend to think things are worse than they are, and matter more than they do.

    Same goes for your face, but I can say that you may well not have finished growing completely yet (people actually finish growing much later than they think) and you might not get noticeably any taller, but your face may just naturally get a bit thinner and taller over the next couple of years, so don't worry.

    The only other thing I can say is what about sport / exercise and diet (?), cos these would probably effect sweating and BO. I know when I do more exercise I feel better in myself as well, so you could maybe try that?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Depressed_Laura:

    I'm a 17 year old gal and I wash everyday sometimes, twice a day but still I smell of BO... It's really embarrassing and I have totally lost my self-confidence. Sometimes I'm so desperate, I don't want to go to school. I use anti-persperints and deodrant sprays but none of them seem to last. I'm always worried and nervous and sweat quite a lot. What shall I do?
    Also, I was wondering how to lose fat in your face? I'm quite thin but have a chubby face..
    I'm so depressed so please help me someone!!!

    I know this is going to sound like a cop-out, but if you are really concerned you ought to visit your doctor.

    You could try using a stick deodorant like secrets which I've found to be very good. Make sure that you use a deodorant/anti-perspirant rather than purely an anti-perspirant. Mitchams do a good one, you'd need to go to a chemists to get it & you have to use it for a few days before it starts working properly (you are allowed to wash though, don't get the wrong idea lol).

    You might also look at what you eat & how much you drink. The less you drink, the more concentrated your sweat will be. You should drink 2 litres of water a day.

    Have you noticed a change in the type and concentration of the odour? If you do, you should chart this in relation to your diet. Certain foods can change the odour of your body fluids, like Garlic.

    It shouldn't really be the sweat itself that smells, it is usualy believed that unpleasant body odour comes from the bacteria, but as you say you wash regularly this shouldn't happen, so it really would be a good idea to see the doctor, or at least the practice nurse.

    Good luck
    J9
    PS - I don't know of any way to change just your face other than plastic surgery, which is a bit drastic, especially at your age.


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    awwwww, i recommend right guard for keeping sweat at bay. its all u need.

    (i love sponsorship deals, easymoney)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by j9j9:

    You could try using a stick deodorant like secrets which I've found to be very good. Make sure that you use a deodorant/anti-perspirant rather than purely an anti-perspirant. Mitchams do a good one, you'd need to go to a chemists to get it & you have to use it for a few days before it starts working properly (you are allowed to wash though, don't get the wrong idea lol).
    Yeah Mitchams is a very good deodarant, it's a little more pricey than most others and it can be hard to get hold of, but it's wonderful that comes from a (not so anymore) smelly one. <IMG alt="image" alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/wink.gif"&gt;
    Originally posted by j9j9:
    I know this is going to sound like a cop-out, but if you are really concerned you ought to visit your doctor.

    J9 is right although it's not a cop out, you can't afford something that can be helped by medical help leave you stretching your sanity. For your mental health you owe it to yourself to make a visist to your gp, at the end of the day what's 5 mins of minor embarrassment explaining to a dr, than a life time of worry.

    Take care, hope you ind help soon.
    Love & Peace
    Luka



    The river is wide and oh so deep. I've been walking around in tears, No answers arethere to get. Cause between this world and eternity there is a face I hope to see
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definately use dry cream, it's the best you can get.
Sign In or Register to comment.