Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Make up tattoos?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know any more about make up tattoos?

I'm interested in having part of my eyebrows tattooed on as at the ends they are sparse and I have to draw them in.

Would a tattoo look rubbish?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know someone who lost all her hair and had her eyelashes and eyebrows tattooed- it was done really well. Correct me if I'm wrong but i though leah from big brother had her eyebrows tattooed and thats certainly not a look I'd personally go for. It goes without saying that once it's there it's not budging so give it some serious thought and research it as much as you can
    There is something called Semi-Permanent makeup - pretty much like a tattoo, but it fades.

Try having a look around google for semi-permanent makeup - if you find something on Harley street, you're onto a winner lol.
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I know someone who lost all her hair and had her eyelashes and eyebrows tattooed
    How do you get your eyelashes tattooed? wouldnt the ink need to like float in mid air?:confused:
    PML i was just wondering that too. Glad you asked first! :p
    icey wrote: »
    How do you get your eyelashes tattooed?

I think some people can have eyeliner tattooed on their lash line, which is what I assume is meant here...

Though after rereading, I'm not so sure
    Or you can have your eyelashes dyed a different colour. Like black, blueblack etc.

My mummy had it done so that she didn't have to use mascara.
    Franki wrote: »
    Or you can have your eyelashes dyed a different colour. Like black, blueblack etc.

My mummy had it done so that she didn't have to use mascara.

Yeah, eyelash tinting, but that's only temporary. I didn't realise you could have them tattooed, I'd of thought that would have been rather difficult...
    icey wrote: »
    How do you get your eyelashes tattooed? wouldnt the ink need to like float in mid air?:confused:

Matter of fact I read this not too long ago http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15412176/?GT1=8618 :p
    I've seen someone with tatooed eyeliner.
    my_name wrote: »
    Matter of fact I read this not too long ago http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15412176/?GT1=8618 :p

That's not tattooing them though? :confused: Same as tinting them isn't, that's temporarily dyeing them. Hmm.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my_name wrote: »

:sour: i dont fancy that much...Ill just sit here and me smug about my lusious lashes!

Ive seen people with their eyebrows tattooed, never heard of eyelashes
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Nikki* wrote: »
    That's not tattooing them though? :confused: Same as tinting them isn't, that's temporarily dyeing them. Hmm.

no babes, its putting new ones in over the top of the old i think to give a fuller effect. Wrong, just wrong, far too painful.
    Bunnie wrote: »
    no babes, its putting new ones in over the top of the old i think to give a fuller effect. Wrong, just wrong, far too painful.

Or if they have been burned off in a tragic fire.

I"d grow them long and pretend to be snufulapagus :thumb:

But thats totally unrelated to this topic, my bad.
    My make up lady also does tattooing and did her eyebrows, they looked really good, she also did her eyeliner which she made look really natural and made her lashes look long as fuck. But as with any tattoo, in time it will fade so you may need to get it redone every few years.
    I really want my lips done, and my eyes. I wear loads of make up every day and that would so make my life easier! Sadly i don't have like a grand going spare.