Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Glucose levels

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
After my hunger issues I had a few blood tests at the doc's. One for thyroid (sp?), one for blood count, and one for diabetes.

The blood count is normal, the thyroid hasnt been read by the doc yet, and the diabetes one has come back with an issue with my glucose levels.

Now...I have only had this much information so far, as it is all the receptionist told me. She wanted me to speak to the doctor at the time, but I had to go back to a lecture. I have to call back in the morning.

Sooo, all in all, I just would like some suggestions as to what it is, it may seem silly asking when I will probably find out tomorrow morning, but I would like to hear what you think it may be, as I dont like suprises!!

And before you all think I am a bit thick, I know with it being glucose, and coming through on a diabetes test, it is probably diabetes orientated, but I just wondered if anyone knew if it could be anything else? Perhaps something a little less serious?

Ta very much!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some peoples wobble for no apparent reason (my brothers for example). It doesn't mean you have Diabetes, it means that something to do with them wasn't quite spot on so they will probably want to look into it, which may mean a more detailed test, which more often than not comes out with nothing wrong with you at all, your levels just wobbled that day.
  • Options
    I used to eat shitloads and I mean seriously! I used to eat two burgers and have more space for noodles, I used to eat 4 huge meals a day and never knew what the problem was.

Turns out I had polycystic ovaries, part of it meant that i had insulin resistance and my body would not digest sugars and carbs...they all got stored directly into fat.

I hope this isnt what you have but it is fairly common and is diabetes related. Let us know what the verdict is, good luck and i hope its nothing bad.
  • Options
    raised glucose levels can indicate glucose intolerance, also known as "pre-diabetes". Some infections such as kidney infection can present with raised lucose levels, especially on a urine test. PCOS (as someone already said) can also cause an elevated blood glucose level and i'm not 100% sure on this one but i believe some types of hormonal contraception can cause it too. Do you have a family history of diabetes? I know it's easier said than done but try to relax because stress is (yet another!) thing which can send your sugars up. Let us know how you get on hun x
    ETA:It is always possible to have a one off abnormal reading, hopefully this is all yours will prove to be
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I dont think anyone either my family has diabetes to be honest. Still not sure what it is, and after much 'to'ing and 'fro'ing with the snotty receptionist, I have to go back in the morning for another test after fasting for 12 hours.

I do hope it isnt PCOS, and it is something just as nice and simple as a 'wobble day'.

Ill let you know how I get on! :)